[Suggestion] Make den decorations more sturdy

Make it so only players and friendly mobs cause the den decorations to fall off, I.E Abigail attacks a neutral spider, Wigfrid attacks a neutral spider, befriended pig attacks a neutral spider, etc. It makes no sense that a wild mob or hazard like meteor showers should be able to make the decorations fall off.

I was just about to make a thread suggesting that we make den decorations less fragile and only removed when a player attacks the den or Webber shaves it. I feel like the thing about den decorations is that it really limits their usefulness to just recruiting spiders. Locking the dens into level 3 and pacifying the spiders towards other players sounds pretty sweet on paper, but if non Webbers can't take advantage of the protection that they can provide against other mobs, I don't think that there's much point. I guess you don't have to worry about placing them too close to the main base camp, but do people really want to do that anyways? I feel like having a bunch of spiders wandering around every night would be awfully annoying by blocking structure placement, and don't they still cause a sanity drain even when pacified? And of course, you're unable to instigate spider wars which is one of the most useful things a Webber can do for the team. With how they are now though, I'd much rather just maintain my spider dens at level two.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

10 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

They don't. Neutral spiders, on the other hand, are fair game.

Oh my bad, I'll remove it from the post, I swear they did but guess i'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

I was just about to make a thread suggesting that we make den decorations less fragile and only removed when a player attacks the den or Webber shaves it. I feel like the thing about den decorations is that it really limits their usefulness to just recruiting spiders. Locking the dens into level 3 and pacifying the spiders towards other players sounds pretty sweet on paper, but if non Webbers can't take advantage of the protection that they can provide against other mobs, I don't think that there's much point. I guess you don't have to worry about placing them too close to the main base camp, but do people really want to do that anyways? I feel like having a bunch of spiders wandering around every night would be awfully annoying by blocking structure placement, and don't they still cause a sanity drain even when pacified? And of course, you're unable to instigate spider wars which is one of the most useful things a Webber can do for the team. With how they are now though, I'd much rather just maintain my spider dens at level two.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Personally I just want it so I can seperate my dens easier, a group of dens far away for wars and a group nearby for taming. Since decorated spiders don't attack walls this allows me to set down a little spider farm (similar to a pig farm but built in a weird different way) where you can shoo your spiders like nurses and they'll stay there.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

shattered spiders need a large damage buff in general

I doubt they would change something like that since it has an impact on all players, a minor impact but still an impact. Maybe they could add a spider that can buff the damage of none normal and nurse spiders but that wouldn't really be a QOL update.

Archived