Catchy's Wormwood-a-day Thread

Day 57

Today i gave potassium Wormwood back in page 3 a son.

As all of you should know, since we are all Wormwood enjoyers here, we all know Wormwoods favorite food is cooked banana.

We must laugh at this attention to detail. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

1333177366_MAASTAPIECE57.thumb.png.c6157e746636b0b1f6651c4163bde4f7.png

non banana drawings coming soon i swear :lemo:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

People were complaining about your banana drawings?

No. :applause: :applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

but i mean that as in i haven't really done something like day 50 and 51 in awhile and recently it has been mostly joke posts, so i want to do more stuff like those days that have more effort put into them.

But rn i'm in the middle of a school week so i'm kind of waiting for the weekend to have time to do this stuffs.

Edited by Catchee
  • Like 2

Day 59, 

Today Wormwood has been awoken from his eternal slumber (2 shades on the day counter during nighttime) 

We should be very honored of his presence, which his newfound power of 150 hp, he will grant us all living logs and then disappear again.1195410197_MAASTAPIECE58.thumb.png.e8d7fd0092e01cd9252f58a8af34702f.png

He's wearing slippers if you can't tell, btw.

Edited by Catchee
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Day 62.

Today I drew Wormwood in photoshop, in my opinion, he looks a lot smoother and not as choppy.

I had issues trying to get the color I wanted for Wormwood in photoshop before having to resort to eye dropping the color from a previous drawings.

Tips for drawing in photoshop would be nice if anyone is familiar with drawing in photoshop.469312415_MAASTAPIECE62.thumb.jpg.7065b61c160cdadc92da3a6415f6f178.jpg

He looks a bit blurry, but I assume that has to do with how I saved the image.

• Like 2

The Brush tool has a smoothing setting that's actually pretty good for smooth lines; it can just be somewhat laggy at higher settings.

If you want to get really smooth, Pen tool exists, but...I find it tends to be more effort than it's worth unless you're making crispy UI elements.

When I did more pure mouse art, making a bunch of sloppy lines around where I wanted and then erasing parts of them until I just had what I wanted worked well for in-game DS style.

Layers are your friend in general. Lets you try as many things as you want without messing up the parts of an image that you like. Also allows for some nice shortcuts; you can color one area really quickly and sloppily if another color or the lineart layer will be hiding the mess at the end.

...just don't get overly caught up in organizing and naming them, or too attached to just one type of content being in one layer. They're tools, not requirements; they're there to serve whatever purpose you need at the time 

• Big Ups 1

Day 63.

Today I tried using the smooth setting on my brush tool.

The land of 0% smoothness is scary and I never want to go back.

Still a shame it seems that the images get compressed a little.

Looking forward to doing more complex drawings in photoshop!

1645765614_MAASTAPIECE63.thumb.jpg.cfc2f3e483c8f3f708b3a2a4b024e77b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Health 1

11 hours ago, Catchee said:

Still a shame it seems that the images get compressed a little.

Looks like it's saving the images in JPG format; PNG should be selectable there as an option. Keeps things crispier!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Day 64.

I must say, png's really are that much more smooth.

Also Wormwood decides to look to the right, what does he see?

1168129853_MAASTAPIECE64.thumb.png.ca852ed9cc039911fa5fe5b7b77b761e.png

Here are the other drawings to enjoy in png format aswell.113702949_MAASTAPIECE62copy.thumb.png.d54bf3fb42b595ad5ece50bae5edf476.png

1758227277_MAASTAPIECE63.thumb.png.d5420ff0ca7befc819942068ecdd8fbe.png

• Like 3
  • Health 1

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

bananas?

Day 65

Banana Wormwood 2.0.

"Boy, I sure do love being associated with monkey's and potassium! I hope I do not get eaten by a another sentient plant with similar character traits and a speech impediment!"

- Banana Wormwood, seconds before getting eaten by a another sentient plant with similar character traits and a speech impediment.

1983418652_MAASTAPIECE65.thumb.png.4f92f66c6f75b33e1d26ae8bcc71b58e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Day 68

Anyone who talks about what a innocent creature Wormwood is is a liar.

He's a cold hearted murderer.

857067659_MAASTAPIECE68.thumb.png.02a20cf8f3ad8f557b0b9a83095889f0.png

For comparison for how much I've improved, here's a old Wormwood drawing.

Spoiler

308001712_MAASTAPIECE42.thumb.png.eccba0164254e589fa97e733cf71fd36.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1