Since Napha has a lot of intersting properties, such as a higher SHC than petrol but similar boiling point and such, I was thinking of melting some plastic to get some. Thus I put a temp shift plate of plastic next to some 1500 degree abyssalite.. sadly it's not heating up very quickly, any tips on what would be a good way to set up a proper plastic melter?

I am always using naphtha in early game for airlock if there is no crude oil nearby. As I remember I was using gold amalagam thermo regulator with start/stop automation loop to melt plastic gravitas ladder merged in hydrogen.

In Your case abbysalite is barely exchanging any heat with anything. Try creating Your own heat source just above melting point of plastic.

For example You can use metal refinery to heat up crude oil and use this hot crude oil to melt plastic ladders.

Melt a plastic tempshift plate using diagonal heat transfer to a hot tile, magma is completely fine, the naphtha will come out at around 159 C and the liquid can't exchange heat diagonally, fully isolating it from the magma.

964983266_Screenshotfrom2022-02-2408-43-18.thumb.png.f75e93778b1cc6dece0a9ed8322414c1.png

It is IMPORTANT that any extremely hot abyssalite tile (e.g. like those 1000 C tiles) is replaced by a constructed tile, because hot abyssalite can immediately flash some of the naphtha into sour gas. You can carefully check the temperature of each abyssalite tile or just replace them all with obsidian insulated tiles.

Abyssalite can indeed be used to melt plastic with minor adjustments to OP's plans...

Any tile that comes into contact with abyssalite will receive its blessing... So I can recommend an obsidian tile in direct contact with abyssalite. The plastic tempshift plate can then be used to produce the precious naphtha.

Or even better: a diamond tempshift plate that moves the heat into said obsidian tile; it should be somewhat easier to take it from there:

501345065_abyssaliteextractor.png.d7e9449c9438d0a83ab17ab14245844f.png

Archived