The state of Webber/Wurt

On 2/21/2022 at 12:00 AM, Psychic Chicken said:

As a Wurt main I strongly disagree. Merms are very expensive, and if you want to use merm guards, you practically need merm king who is extremely outstandingly absolutely shockingly expensive... And after all that effort they're worse than bunnymen in every way, and them kiting makes them worse, they attack much much slower as a result and end up trading hits because when they run away, all that does is gives their opponent some time to end their attack cooldown. The time spent getting her stat buffs could be better spent getting helmets and pierogi as other characters. On the Webber side of things though, Webber gets much faster, cheaper, more portable AND ranged damage in the form of spitters, he has it easier with food compared to the rest of the cast while Wurt has it worse. For healing, Webber gets nurse spiders, and Wurt simply gets less healing options for being vegetarian. Wurt is definitely far from overpowered, I'd go as far as to say she's one of the worst characters in the game. I think Webber is pretty decent, it's just that other characters like Wanda and Wolfgang outshine him in combat, and despite spiders making combat easy on paper, it doesn't in practice because new players struggle with Webber anyway.

Basic Merms are cheaper than Pigs (cut stone) and Bunnys (bunny puffs), that's true about Merm king being pricey but it's a bonus you can get the ingredents on the go it's not neededWorse than Bunnymen... maybe for fighting but overall how?, Basic Merms are cheaper to build, they can chop, mine and don't hate you for touching meat + Wurt can still use them if she wants. You can set up pig vs merms set up and Wurt gets so much rot/living logs you can uses blue shrooms for health (27 each). Wurt isn't bad with hunger 1 berry + 3 eggs = jam (20 berry bushes carries Wurt hunger-wise); As for less healing options yes and no - Wurt makes a lot of cooked farmed ingredients (27 hp), mushroom planters can give 6 blue shrooms (162 hp), once Wurt sets up a semi-auto BeeQ farm with 30-ish Merm Guards Jellybeans every 20 days - this isn't counting the crockpot or non-eating healing options, it's harder in the beginning for Wurt but gets much easier after the 1st year

1 hour ago, JJ0264 said:

Basic Merms are cheaper than Pigs (cut stone) and Bunnys (bunny puffs), that's true about Merm king being pricey but it's a bonus you can get the ingredents on the go it's not neededWorse than Bunnymen... maybe for fighting but overall how?, Basic Merms are cheaper to build, they can chop, mine and don't hate you for touching meat + Wurt can still use them if she wants. You can set up pig vs merms set up and Wurt gets so much rot/living logs you can uses blue shrooms for health (27 each). Wurt isn't bad with hunger 1 berry + 3 eggs = jam (20 berry bushes carries Wurt hunger-wise); As for less healing options yes and no - Wurt makes a lot of cooked farmed ingredients (27 hp), mushroom planters can give 6 blue shrooms (162 hp), once Wurt sets up a semi-auto BeeQ farm with 30-ish Merm Guards Jellybeans every 20 days - this isn't counting the crockpot or non-eating healing options, it's harder in the beginning for Wurt but gets much easier after the 1st year

Pigs are much cheaper than Merms, cut stone and pig skin is something you get for doing basic tasks, you have to go out of your way to get fish and reeds, plus you can just hammer their houses and place half that amount all condensed into one area.

Bunnymen are better because they're better at combat, and there's no reason to use merms to chop trees when Deerclops and Bearger can decimate 5+ trees per second, and I don't see why bunnymen would be a problem, when you can make them away from base, and Wurt has no need to carry meat outside of jam and hambats, but hambats and jam don't anger bunnymen, therefore it's not an issue if you either prepare the two before going to your bunnymen or don't carry them at all.

Hunger isn't an issue with anyone if you use meat and ice or farms properly, I was talking about earlygame healing. Other characters can just spam pierogi for next to no cost, but Wurt has to go insane from blue caps, use trailmix and flower salad which are season-restricted, or make a farm which all take way way longer, have restrictions, or make you go insane compared to pierogi. Not necessarily a huge issue, just another thing that other characters have over Wurt. Also blue caps and potatoes heal 20, not 27.

I agree about Bee Queen though.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:08 PM, Psychic Chicken said:

Pigs are much cheaper than Merms, cut stone and pig skin is something you get for doing basic tasks, you have to go out of your way to get fish and reeds, plus you can just hammer their houses and place half that amount all condensed into one area.

Bunnymen are better because they're better at combat, and there's no reason to use merms to chop trees when Deerclops and Bearger can decimate 5+ trees per second, and I don't see why bunnymen would be a problem, when you can make them away from base, and Wurt has no need to carry meat outside of jam and hambats, but hambats and jam don't anger bunnymen, therefore it's not an issue if you either prepare the two before going to your bunnymen or don't carry them at all.

Hunger isn't an issue with anyone if you use meat and ice or farms properly, I was talking about earlygame healing. Other characters can just spam pierogi for next to no cost, but Wurt has to go insane from blue caps, use trailmix and flower salad which are season-restricted, or make a farm which all take way way longer, have restrictions, or make you go insane compared to pierogi. Not necessarily a huge issue, just another thing that other characters have over Wurt. Also blue caps and potatoes heal 20, not 27.

I agree about Bee Queen though.

1. Wurt lives in/near the swamp so there are reeds everywhere and as for fish you can start merm civil wars (kinda like Webber) you don't need to go fishing in ponds it just helps speed up the process - let be honest merms are better then pigs in nearly everyway, cut-stone/pig-skin get uses often + reeds hardly get used; Now it maybe harder but Wurt could set up a Were-pig farm and get easy helmets/hambats.

2. The chopping part does lose value when giants come stomping around but no reason? Having a option in logging/tree guards is still nice to have especially when all houses are made from logs and using giants isn't always convenient (like giants spawning places I don't want them to be or I'm not at my tree farm); As for Bunnymen (200 hp, 40 dmg, 2 attack, 6 speed) Beardlord (200 hp, 60 dmg, 1 attack, 6 speed) vs Buffed Merms (560 hp, 40 dmg, 3 attack, 8 speed) Buffed Merm Guards (660 hp , 50 dmg, 3 attack, 8 speed) and the special drops in order to make more (1 bunny puff 25% + 1 carrot 37.5%) (1 pond fish 100% + reeds) (1 tentacle spot 14% from king) On paper the Merms are more swift & durable it's debatable with Bunnymen but you are correct with Beardlord being better damage dealers you'll just might need a Bee crown for the sanity drain and there still affected by screeching like Bee Q.

3. Early-game healing for Wurt - Wurt gets 33% buff to vegan food that's why it's 27 not 20, crockpot sucks for healing Wurt as most of them get 27 hp (no different from cooked potatoes) the only ones worth it is butter muffin, trail mix, flower salad (early) figatoni, jellybean. waffles, dragonpie (late); The best early way to heal as Wurt (not counting blue caps: 27 hp + butterflies: 11 hp) would be giga farms 4 potatoes + 4 tomas on a single tile, both will fulfill each others needs 2-3 from 1 giga plant (27 hp from cooked ingredients) another good one is 8 tomas + 4 dragonfruit on a double tile

Wurt tip 1: butter farms from catcoons or beefalo is a good for waffles and ice-cream.

Wurt tip 2: Forget-Me-Lots can spread on the tile & count as a filler for the crockpot + soothing tea gives 45 sanity (might help the blue caps)

Wurt tip 3: burrows from moleworms give 6.66% for gold, detritus from tillweeds give 1.25% for gold

Wurt tip 4: Special ocean fish can help Wurt deal with cold/heat better

3 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

This only applies to hunger, not health. I've tested and potatoes are only healing 20 HP.

I just checked using butterflies and you right about the health (my mistake)

One thing that bothers me with Wurt is that SOME foods she says Guacamole > "Yummy green sludge" and then comes Wigfrid saying Stuffed Pepper Poppers > "back, vile vegetable" even though Wurt can't eat either of them but Wigfrid can?

Most of the new dishes (figs, leafy meat, barnacles) favor Wigfrid, out of the 12 dishes only figatoni Wurt can eat

yeah go with blue cap farms + sanity food or cooked farm ingredients for early game 

get to making butterfly farms for few dozen wings & ice cream/waffles for big big health and sanity

(2) A detailed guide to fruits, vegetables, and vegan recipes : dontstarve (reddit.com)

7 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

As for Bunnymen (200 hp, 40 dmg, 2 attack, 6 speed) Beardlord (200 hp, 60 dmg, 1 attack, 6 speed) vs Buffed Merms (560 hp, 40 dmg, 3 attack, 8 speed) Buffed Merm Guards (660 hp , 50 dmg, 3 attack, 8 speed) and the special drops in order to make more (1 bunny puff 25% + 1 carrot 37.5%) (1 pond fish 100% + reeds) (1 tentacle spot 14% from king) On paper the Merms are more swift & durable it's debatable with Bunnymen but you are correct with Beardlord being better damage dealers you'll just might need a Bee crown for the sanity drain and there still affected by screeching like Bee 

Do merms kite? Bunnies don't. 

15 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Merms kite which sadly means they attack slower than bunnymen.

But Merms have 3x the health, don't runaway when there health is low and kiting sometimes helps them live longer

200 hp isn't a lot when monsters do bonus damage to mobs

Archived