How do gingerbread spawn?

I was trying to farm a lot of Holiday Cheers in a fresh world, but I didn't get a single one in 8 days.

I do understand that they spawn only during the day time and I think every three days or something?

I don't fully understand their spawning conditions and would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

29 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Every three cycles, the game will start a new hunt in 0-240 seconds(0 to half a day).

Very strange you haven't got one in 8 days.

Do you know if it resets if the player is in the cave? I was the only one on my dedicated server (I just play by myself).

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Do you know if it resets if the player is in the cave? I was the only one on my dedicated server (I just play by myself).

Ah that's a good thought. I believe the timers and tasks still run when you're in the caves. So if the 3 cycle period and task went up the hunt will reset.

Curious, do you see any prints of "Hunt failed" in your server log? That should print out if there's no available players for the hunt to begin on.

32 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Curious, do you see any prints of "Hunt failed" in your server log? That should print out if there's no available players for the hunt to begin on.

Unfortunately, I've already deleted the save folder since I wasn't using the world anymore, so I don't have the server log anymore.

I'll be on the lookout for it next time though.

Also, how does the hunt work exactly? Do I have to let the pig run off-screen few times for it to spawn a Varg or houses? If yes, how many? Because I once chased one for a while day on a beefalo and since it never got on screen nothing got spawned. Sometimes I leave them after letting them run off 3 or so times and then I go back to check up on them and they're still waiting in the spot I left them in. 

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

Also, how does the hunt work exactly? Do I have to let the pig run off-screen few times for it to spawn a Varg or houses? If yes, how many? Because I once chased one for a while day on a beefalo and since it never got on screen nothing got spawned. Sometimes I leave them after letting them run off 3 or so times and then I go back to check up on them and they're still waiting in the spot I left them in. 

they need to run out of the screen range so they can respawn(you know they respawned when you see them breathings heavily) and i think you need to do it 4 times to spawn the varg or houses

Archived