Lost background = amazing effects (bug?)

Hi, I wishes to share some interesting possible bug I was encountering few times. Although I could not recreate it on will, but it's usually happens after save/load. Also I did observed it after deconstructing some of the rocket interiors buildings, and after open boiling crude oil, ethanol and water on magma pool... It is not like this change the game or mess anything else, just makes everything look different, in a way it's even more beautiful than original ONI view.IMG_20211204_181526.thumb.jpg.ef1d13ca619942a7b0cd761181ba62a6.jpgIMG_20211204_175500.thumb.jpg.79e6291229ec01e96b731425478b3509.jpg

I would like to know if anyone has also encountered this.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

You mean like the pinned bug report since November 2020?

Wasn't scrolling enough to find it.

It is at least something very similar. That guy use Mac and has more issues not only lost background.

My PC is running Windows 10.

And I don't encountered any other issues just lost background, which is kind of good looking. There could be an option to turn on or off background, for those who like this look more than original one.

10 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

It's the first one at the top in the DLC bug tracker. If it's not on Mac, it may needs a new bug report

Okay, then I guess I still did not find where that DLC bug tracker is... And I don't see real problem here, it doesn't change anything else just the way game looks, and it comes back to normal after save/load...

So for this one I would say: if it is not broken - it doesn't need to be repaired.

There is definitely more bugs that needs to be fixed, and this one could be a feature, not a bug.

I would personally like to have no tinted background. Playing this on UHD on an 82 inch television, the gases are amazing to watch, but the tints sometimes ruin that experience. I found a mod turning off the area tint, so colors remain true, but the background tint is still there. If anyone knows of a mod for this, please share. What one person calls a bug, another calls a feature. :smile:

On 1/12/2022 at 3:14 AM, EricKlei said:

@WhiteWind36 Could you share your DxDiag? This is the first report of this happening on Windows I can recall.

I'm sorry I am a bit lazy. At first I thought it already doesn't matter, because I was not encountering this after full release of DLC. But yesterday evening after save/load it happened again.

My system Ryzen 5 2500u integrated Vega 8 graphics, 8gb ram, SSD hard disk and windows 10 OS.

Archived