Maxwell empowering Wolfgang with the Codex Umbra

As been seen in animated short for Wolfgang.

The way I imagine it - Maxwell buffs any character increasing their strength for ~5min. Moderately expensive ingredients should be used for a spell. After follows a drawback like exhaustion for ~1min or decrease of maximum health for ~day or decrease in damage ~day. If spell reactivated while a character is exhausted, drawbacks summarize, so later there's going to be hell to pay. Would be nice to see alternative look of character's skin with disturbing dark veins, creepy eyes, mb slight increase in body size.

I think it could be something to consider for Maxwell's rework. It's already part of the lore, it will complement both Wolfgang and Max, as well as adding more cooperation. The puppet master will become more useful in big fights, while not being directly the combatant, using his powers to make other people do the work for him.

The obvious problem is - Wolfgang is already too strong, so mb for him there should be only slight increase in damage and instead giving him boost in speed and infinite mightiness until effect is over. Other characters should become a normal mighty Wolfgang version (or half-mighty in damage), also giving them the ability to carry heavy objects faster, mine/chop faster etc. for the duration

Thoughts?

I think it could be a neat idea to allow Maxwell to wield the Codex, and in doing so Maxwell cannot attack, but players within a 3 tile radius of Maxwell gain a slight Attack and Armor Boost. A small value somewhere around 10%

Makes total sense due to what we witnessed in the Wolfgang short, and Maxwell is frail himself, why not make him the master of puppets : )

Archived