Spacefarer Module needs a built-in exosuit dock and/or checkpoint or dupes must learn to automatically equip/unequip their exosuits before exiting/entering the rocket

Dupes need to learn to wear their freaking exosuits before exiting the rocket, especially in really fine hostile places like a Superconductive Asteroid. The spacefarer module should have something like a built-in exosuit checkpoint and/or exosuit dock and checkpoint or at least make them automatically wear their exosuits before exiting the rocket. Space inside the spacefarer module is already at a premium and so is the number of modules a rocket can carry. It'll also lessen ordering them to unequip and reequip and unequip and reequip their exosuits again and again and again.

Or maybe I just need to design my rocket interiors better and instead of giving them a great hall, barracks and a proper bathroom for some much needed morale in the vast, lonely and desolate emptiness of space, I can just build an exosuit dock and checkpoint... Hmm... Priorities...

457140_20211216161612_1.thumb.png.d99c2f7fb6ed91db42339784b2f5e7bc.png

"I feel so happy and overjoyed!!! But why are my feet and legs on fire and melting?! Eh, I peed polluted ice, got submerged in liquid tungsten, got my multitool taken away while I watched 13,036 of my friends die in a glass prison with 2,000,000,000kgs of 105K-cold oxygen per tile and only diarrhea-inducing mush bars as food, so this is fine! Gotta cool down the magma that's obviously killing me! La lala lala~ *happy theremin noises*"

I`d like if the door to the capsule worked as a checkpoint. It would allow me to fit a dock while still having a bed and toilet in the nosecone. But i don`t want build in docks so i can make a ferry travelling between enclosed silos where they won`t have to use suits.

Another cool thing would be a small station allowing to refuel (reoxygen) the suit without taking it off. Then you could put it inside the module and dupes would just sit in suits all the time.

There are some incredible spacefarer designs in the forum that can hold 3 crews with 3 docks, a great hall, a barrack, and a bathroom. There is no best design of all and there must be some trade-offs between each design. You may try some of them and make some adjustments for your play style.

I myself prefer some 2-crew designs to colonize other asteroids. I take the rocket design as a challenge to my play. Which would take a lot of time planing. but it's a single player game. who cares?

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Another cool thing would be a small station allowing to refuel (reoxygen) the suit without taking it off. Then you could put it inside the module and dupes would just sit in suits all the time.

Perhaps in a few days or weeks I will publish it in the workshop. It remains to polish a few details.

457140_20211127090419_1.thumb.png.b976193386b3519aabeb7a894f42477b.png

Archived