I have a diamond press setup, diamond press itself is in a 'safish' area, but once duplicants do the labor they tend to idle around, they walk right into crashed satellite that feeds the press. And they stay There!

Suggestion: please make dupes treat high radiation areas like they would treat no-atmosphere areas. They should seek safer place to idle at!

P.S. And on somewhat related topic. When pockeshell attacks duplicant trough door, notification says 'fleeing', but duplicant stays in place. 

It "kinda" makes sense that dupes don`t feel the radiation but since they got a reaction to it they should be aware it exists an is harmful.

As for fleeing it`s pretty buggy atm. I reported bugs with it and pokeshell behaviour before. Dupes generally don`t react to being hit and then after half a cycle the fleeing message hits and a dupe starts running away when he`s at a different part of the base. Also pokeshells sometimes forget to aggro when their original target runs away.

41 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It "kinda" makes sense that dupes don`t feel the radiation

I agree that not feeling makes sense, but in this particular case they are standing on top of radioactive satellite. 'Feel' or 'don't feel' really doesn't matter when you standing right on top of the thing you are gathering radiation from. Same true for most other sources.

41 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

after half a cycle the fleeing message hits and a dupe starts running away when he`s at a different part of the base.

In my case message appears to hit immediately, leads to correct dupe, but dupe simply covers head in fear while being attacked and doesn't even think of running.

Duplicants are highly reactive to radiation. They can't even walk in front of a weez wort without freezing to react ... -_-

On the other hand, it's also your work to prevent duplicants from freely access to the radiation zone.

You can build lead walls, and/or restrict access with an atmo suit checkpoint and lead suit. ;)

5 hours ago, Gwido said:

You can build lead walls, and/or restrict access with an atmo suit checkpoint and lead suit.

I added couple normal atmo suit stations. Duplicants actively seek to remove suits, and 'diamond press' job requires so little exposure time that I saw no point in using lead ones.

Duplicants still should not walk into irradiated zones to idle.

Yeah,,, for some reason dupe really don't mind in the radiated spot while in idling.

I once had a dupe got radiation sickness for that

WHY

ARE YOU HAVING ENOUGH FOR BURING YOURSELVES?

STOP GETTING OUT IN THE VOID OF SPACE DURING BREAKING TIME! THERE  IS NOTHING! STAY IN THE COZY ROCKET!

Archived