about how deerclops spawn

In Don't Starve Together (DST), the Deerclops can attack up to four times in a season by default (with 0, 2, 8, and 10 attacks for other world configuration options, respectively). No giant can attack in the first 27 days, but the day after that, the Deerclops will attack in (season length - 1)/(number of attacks + 1) days (2.8 days by default, for an attack near the end of day 30). When it attacks, it picks a player to attack, prioritizing players with four or more nearby structures. It then targets the structures. When it despawns after destroying all nearby structures, another attack is scheduled with the same delay. If it is killed, the next attack is scheduled for 6 times the normal delay, which on normal settings prevents attacks for the rest of the season.

i'm really confused about this paragraph from wiki. here are some questions i hope could be answered.

1. what is season length? which season?

2. does mean that after deerclops attack, number of attacks will be 1.

OK, i'm sorry, i'm just too confused about this whole mechanism. Can anybody explain this to me, really appreciate it.

i know if i kill deerclops on day 30 right after it spawned, it'll spawn again on day 102, which is 72 days later, divide this number by six, i'll get 12, which, according to the last sentence of the paragraph i quote, is result of that formula. Now i just can't figure out how that formula gives 12. OK, that's everything i can express. I hope someone can help me.

Actually, I´ve never thought about this formula, I allways kill him right away for the sake of my structures, and for the sake of his eye (cos my eyebrella allways dissapears when I leave it on the ground, I suspect catcoons :mad: ) and then I just enjoy winter :fat:

Here is a rough but useful simple spawn rule: When you kill the deerclops someday in winter, it will spawns in 1.5 day later of this day next winter.

e.g. If there are 5 days left in winter when you kill deerclops, the next deerclops will spawn on the penultimate 3.5 days of winter. 

I don' t know what will happend if you keep deerclops until spring and kill it, but, most of people will kill it when it appears as soon as possible, right?

None of each Deerclops can see the sun of spring:lol:

1 hour ago, NOOOBU said:

Here is a rough but useful simple spawn rule: When you kill the deerclops someday in winter, it will spawns in 1.5 day later of this day next winter.

e.g. If there are 5 days left in winter when you kill deerclops, the next deerclops will spawn on the penultimate 3.5 days of winter. 

I don' t know what will happend if you keep deerclops until spring and kill it, but, most of people will kill it when it appears as soon as possible, right?

None of each Deerclops can see the sun of spring:lol:

yeah, i know this rule. I just want to know how this formula works out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, Filip_G said:

Actually, I´ve never thought about this formula, I allways kill him right away for the sake of my structures, and for the sake of his eye (cos my eyebrella allways dissapears when I leave it on the ground, I suspect catcoons :mad: ) and then I just enjoy winter :fat:

i always let the first deerclops chop some trees for me, maybe some treeguards will spawn if lucky

from what I have read and also personal experience, she spawns ~72 days since she was last killed. (it's either 71.8 or 72.8), as long as she is killed in winter. If it's a spring kill, it will spawn very early next winter. 

But a lot of things seem to delay that timer for me, even if I'm not in caves or sailing. She's late more often than not in my world

13 hours ago, Summ4r said:

In Don't Starve Together (DST), the Deerclops can attack up to four times in a season by default (with 0, 2, 8, and 10 attacks for other world configuration options, respectively). No giant can attack in the first 27 days, but the day after that, the Deerclops will attack in (season length - 1)/(number of attacks + 1) days (2.8 days by default, for an attack near the end of day 30). When it attacks, it picks a player to attack, prioritizing players with four or more nearby structures. It then targets the structures. When it despawns after destroying all nearby structures, another attack is scheduled with the same delay. If it is killed, the next attack is scheduled for 6 times the normal delay, which on normal settings prevents attacks for the rest of the season.

i'm really confused about this paragraph from wiki. here are some questions i hope could be answered.

1. what is season length? which season?

2. does mean that after deerclops attack, number of attacks will be 1.

OK, i'm sorry, i'm just too confused about this whole mechanism. Can anybody explain this to me, really appreciate it.

i know if i kill deerclops on day 30 right after it spawned, it'll spawn again on day 102, which is 72 days later, divide this number by six, i'll get 12, which, according to the last sentence of the paragraph i quote, is result of that formula. Now i just can't figure out how that formula gives 12. OK, that's everything i can express. I hope someone can help me.

this videos is just what you need

Archived