Help with Radiation

Hello, I just recently started playing again and noticed that radiation had been added to the game. One of my dup got radiation sickness from somewhere and Because i didn't realize it had been added i wasn't looking for it. Lessons have been learned but i Immediately went to the tech tree looking for a way to cure the radiation sickness and i could not find anything. My duplicate was stuck at a consistent 127 rads and it would not subside even after using the bath room. Is there a way to cure radiation sickness? Does going to the bathroom slowly but surely dissipate the radiation? and if so was i just experiencing a bug? 

I would like to add that I dont want to be told what device (if any ) cures radiation sickness. I just want to no whether or not there is a way. I didn't find any in my initial search of the game so at this moment i just want to know whether or not i need to revisit the tech tree and be more thorough.

You need to check the traits of the dupe who you are referring to. 

If the dupe has a trait - something like "glow stick", it means that the dupe himself/herself emits radiation and light.

Yes, bathroom removes some radiation (and generally showers are good enough for all dupes except this one) but the dupe with the trait cannot cure by using bathroom only.

If you do not cure him/her, he/she will die of radiation in 100+ cycles.

Some players suggested to use r/a suit for such dupe. It removes the radiation hazard. I personally do not take a dupe with such trait.

13 minutes ago, helium3 said:

Isn't there a building you can construct that removes diseases and radiation? Some sort of a shower?

There is a decontamination shower, but it only removes radioactive contaminants (aka germs, and other germs as well as far as I know), not "rads" that dupes have accumulated. 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:13 PM, Topherkt said:

Does going to the bathroom slowly but surely dissipate the radiation?

Toilet is supposed to remove a set amount of radiation (haven't checked outhouse). After it gets used, there will be a floating text that says something like 'N rads removed'

Note that newest beta update increased toilet efficiency from 60 to 100, so it might help fixing your issue.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:13 PM, Topherkt said:

I would like to add that I dont want to be told what device (if any ) cures radiation sickness.

No devices, but there are at least two ways to reduce radiation gain and one additional way (beside toilets) to drop fixed amount of rads.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, AndreyKl said:

but there are at least two ways to reduce radiation gain and one additional way (beside toilets) to drop fixed amount of rads

For reducing you mean eating seafood and using lead suits... And to drop fixed amount - rad pils? Is there any other methods that can be used?

23 minutes ago, WhiteWind36 said:

For reducing you mean eating seafood and using lead suits... And to drop fixed amount - rad pils? Is there any other methods that can be used?

Well, since using the restroom helps a second restroom schedule block halfway through the day or food poisoning should both help reduce rads... Not sure that counts different than regular restroom use to you though.

Archived