Duplicant 3D models

Hey all!

I'm currently teaching myself to sculpt in 3D and I want to make duplicant figurines that can be 3D printed.

I've seen other people doing artwork on commission here, so would I be allowed to eventually list my finished prints on etsy?

Do you guys have any characters in particular you'd want to see me work on? Any images with interesting poses, that I can use as reference?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Santosch said:

I've seen other people doing artwork on commission here, so would I be allowed to eventually list my finished prints on etsy?

There's this article over commercial activity using Klei's content as a basis:

https://www.klei.com/mod-player-creation-policy

Hand-Made Products:

If you want to produce small batch creations that areĀ hand-madeĀ (by you personally, not an assembly line worker) creations, you may sell them.

For anything else, please contact us.

The output being from a printer could be an issue, as it's implied that it has to be (entirely) hand-made.

If you don't get a response here in a timely manner from someone at Klei, then I'd recommend contacting Klei support and asking them more directly.

Thanks for the link. The process would be that I sculpt the 3D model, do the print and then paint them myself. Imo the 3D printing is just using another tool, not that much different from using physical clay and making a cast. But I'll make sure to ask them for permission, if they don't answer here.

6 hours ago, Santosch said:

Imo the 3D printing is just using another tool, not that much different from using physical clay and making a cast.

There is a line of "small-batch creation" in there and a 3D print usually doesn't have the intention of that. I would say you definitely need permission if you intent to 3D print

Archived