DEDICATED SERVER FAILED TO START

If its with world creation that you having trouble.

Try switching to 32 bit DST if you are on 64 bit version.

Server generating world is still very broken on 64 bit version.

I have to often switch to 32 bit just to generate world and avoid this issue or issue with cave server outright crashing when i generate world.

I did everything i could to try to fix this. 64 bit ver is just broken for me when generating world 32 bit works fine.

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

I have to often switch to 32 bit just to generate world and avoid this issue or issue with cave server outright crashing when i generate world.

I did everything i could to try to fix this. 64 bit ver is just broken for me when generating world 32 bit works fine.

i think i was fine with creating worlds on 64 bit but i'll try, i don't even notice the difference between 32 and 64 bit dst

3 minutes ago, Aartyyy said:

i think i was fine with creating worlds on 64 bit but i'll try, i don't even notice the difference between 32 and 64 bit dst

You can still play the 64 bit but try generating the world on 32 bit first instead doing it on 64.

And see if it still gives you the error.

Might be same issue i am having.

5 minutes ago, Aartyyy said:

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

ok, so 

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

You can still play the 64 bit but try generating the world on 32 bit first instead doing it on 64.

it actually worked, i generated it on 32 bits and it worked, i have no idea why it's broken on 64 but i'll try playing on my world with 64 bits

2 minutes ago, Aartyyy said:

ok, so 

it actually worked, i generated it on 32 bits and it worked, i have no idea why it's broken on 64 but i'll try playing on my world with 64 bits

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

it doesn't let me launch the server in the 64 bit version either, i guess i'll just play on 32 bit version, i barely notice a difference if any playing on 64/32

2 minutes ago, Aartyyy said:

it doesn't let me launch the server in the 64 bit version either, i guess i'll just play on 32 bit version, i barely notice a difference if any playing on 64/32

Oh hmm i have no trouble launching worlds made on 32 bit on 64 bit they are structurally exactly the same

Only generating is broken.

Make sure firewall or anti virus is not blocking your 64 bit server exes that could be causing it aswell. I have made security exceptions for both 32 and 64 bit exes and servers.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, ALCRD said:

Oh hmm i have no trouble launching worlds made on 32 bit on 64 bit they are structurally exactly the same

Only generating is broken.

Make sure firewall or anti virus is not blocking your 64 bit server exes that could be causing it aswell. I have made security exceptions for both 32 and 64 bit exes and servers.

HOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP I JUST REALISED, MY WINDOWS FIREWALL THING IS BLOCKING THE FILE CALLED DONTSTARVE_STEAM, 2 OF THEM, imma try allowing them

4 minutes ago, Aartyyy said:

HOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP I JUST REALISED, MY WINDOWS FIREWALL THING IS BLOCKING THE FILE CALLED DONTSTARVE_STEAM, 2 OF THEM, imma try allowing them

i did the thing and it actually let me launch my world on 64 bits

Archived