Bearger growling for the past 5 days but no spawn

Wigfrid has said "A worthy foe approaches" more times than I can count. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm currently on day 782. Last season I spent all Autumn in caves, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem.

Yes! Here! Oh my, I feel you, I was Wolfgang at that time and something about his constant "Sounds like big strong man coming" is so effing unnerving. No idea, what exactly causes this, I somehow fixed it by spawning bearger in with console command and killing him, next season everything went back to normal..

11 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Yes! Here! Oh my, I feel you, I was Wolfgang at that time and something about his constant "Sounds like big strong man coming" is so effing unnerving. No idea, what exactly causes this, I somehow fixed it by spawning bearger in with console command and killing him, next season everything went back to normal..

I used the console to spawn bearger just as you said but it was unclickable and just stood there doing nothing :(.

On server reload it was gone and the growling continues.... I'll just try to ignore it for the remainder of this autumn and pray it fixes itself.

19 hours ago, MagicalStorm said:

Did you make sure it said 'Remote' on the left of the Console and not 'Local'?

This. Maybe try again and make 100% sure it says "remote" in the lower left corner next to the command. You can change it by clicking on the word. Executing the command as "Remote" only works, if you are the server host, otherwise you literally just spawn in an animated sprite of bearger that only you can see

19 hours ago, yoww89 said:

I used the console to spawn bearger just as you said but it was unclickable and just stood there doing nothing :(.

On server reload it was gone and the growling continues.... I'll just try to ignore it for the remainder of this autumn and pray it fixes itself.

What mods are you running?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:20 PM, MagicalStorm said:

Did you make sure it said 'Remote' on the left of the Console and not 'Local'?

On 10/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, Falkenpelz said:

This. Maybe try again and make 100% sure it says "remote" in the lower left corner next to the command. You can change it by clicking on the word. Executing the command as "Remote" only works, if you are the server host, otherwise you literally just spawn in an animated sprite of bearger that only you can see

I ended up not checking your replies this past days. But today another autumn came and the problem was still there, so I came back and in fact I did the local console thing wrong. But even after spawning a working badger I still hear the growlings :(

On 10/7/2021 at 2:31 AM, HowlVoid said:

Have you tried entering and exiting the caves to cancel his spawn? Idk if this would do anything 

Just to confirm, it does not solve the problem.

Are you sure Bearger didn't spawn? He is very shy and will constantly try to walk away from player into unloaded area. Turn on screen shake to detect him, and if you can't find him even after that then use a c_gonext("bearger") 

Archived