Lore Speculation Thread

Lore in your opinions  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the lore DST has to offer

• What lore?
    • Yes
    • Nah
    • No strong opinions

Disclaimer: This thread was made to see your thoughts and theories and your rambles about the lore in DST, not to bore you with rambling
This thread is sectioned in chapters but it isn't a story

Now, let's begin!

Chapter 1:
Who is 'Them'?

Of course most already know who/what Them is, me included, but my final thoughts lay in this chapter here.
According to @Zeklo, Them isn't referred to as multiple nouns, but rather only 1 entity that we don't know the gender of.

But, here's a quick speculation on one of Fuelweaver's quotes.
"Return them to me!"
You see, them doesn't have a capital T, like Them actually does. So, who/what is the sussy baka referring to?
It could be who we're bringing back from the sealed portal?
Is it, the ancients perhaps?
The Lunar power that stabilizes the Gateway? Perhaps it could be alive? Alter's Power?
Metheus?
The list could go on forever, but I'm sus of that quote, who could he possibly want returned?

But, I have a belief, Them is The Moon, otherwise known as Alter, because (according to @Hornete in one of my threads) we see in the game codes for Eye of the Storm, 'Alter Awake', so, we know the moon is Alter, but is Alter known as Them, or They?
You never know, it could be YEARS and YEARS from now when Klei reveals these secrets.

Moving on...

Chapter 2:
Who could Metheus be?

We know Metheus has to be a part of the lore, especially considering Fuelweaver mentions them in some of his quotes when deactivating the Gateway.

In the Metheus Puzzle, your rewards are an Ancient Cane and an Ancient King's chest, but, what do those have to do with Metheus if Klei mentioned (in a dev stream) that Metheus is FEMALE?
So, Metheus is a female, but, who could that female be?
It can't be Charlie, unless her Shadow Half has something to do with Metheus.
Could it be the Torch Bearer that appears within the Metheus Puzzle?
Possibly, since the Fuel won against that entity, she would be long gone for the Fuelweaver to worry about her or stuff.

More speculations will be made when I can make them up in this thread...
What are your thoughts?

Edited by ShadowQueen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadowQueen said:

Chapter 1:
Who is 'Them'?

Of course most already know who/what Them is, me included, but my final thoughts lay in this chapter here.
According to @Zeklo, Them isn't referred to as multiple nouns, but rather only 1 entity that we don't know the gender of.

I haven't posted any new lore videos recently, but to clarify this—

This statement was initially said to differentiate The Shadow Creatures from "Them". However, with the introduction of Alter there is now the possibility that "They" are plural, but in reference to multiple "higher beings" (Lunar Being & Shadow Being, etc)

I'm not fully invested that new theory due to a lot of quotes regarding "Them" seeming specific to the shadows/darkness, but it's something else to consider.

• Thanks 2