Couple questions as someone who hasnt played in a while.

29 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

What do you mean by you can get them quicker without needing to wrap them?

I mean that if you want a lot of carrots at once (since you need 10 per hut) you have to be pretty quick from the moment you pick them to the time you build the huts themselves. So you need wood gathered, and enough bunny puffs. Before, you had to kill bunnymen and build the hutches in short time span between, otherwise carrots would rot. Or, wrap the carrots in bundle wrap, which you have to kill beequeen for anyway. 

With farms, you can amass wood and puffs first, then farm as much carrots as you need and build everything at once. 

Also there is no 'meta' to stuff actually. Everyone plays in their own way, and at this point there's not really one best way to play. I don't use farms, because I have pig farms and 50 beeboxes. But farming is super efficient and I could live off them if I wanted. 

Any guide you need you can find by simply typing "X tutorial" and either get an exact solution to your problem, or enough information to figure everything out yourself. 

15 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

Also are there any good youtube videos/guides/playthroughs that show all the new metas and such for the things im asking, boss killing, food, etc.

It depends of what character you're trying to use. For Wendy or Wigfrid, Don Giani has some really good playthroughs, it was before new farms were added but still there's a lot of good strategies. For Warly, there's Jazzy's Thrill of the Grill playthrough.
CatPerson has a lot of useful tips and guides for new content with very short videos.

And for the new farming system, I recommend you this guide to get started. If you use Wolfgang, you can easily mass produce potatos during autumn/winter for healing and hunger.

1 minute ago, zenburu said:

It depends of what character you're trying to use. For Wendy or Wigfrid, Don Giani has some really good playthroughs, it was before new farms were added but still there's a lot of good strategies. For Warly, there's Jazzy's Thrill of the Grill playthrough.
CatPerson has a lot of useful tips and guides for new content with very short videos.

And for the new farming system, I recommend you this guide to get started. If you use Wolfgang, you can easily mass produce potatos during autumn/winter for healing and hunger.

Exactly what i needed! Any wolfgang ones you know of?

24 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I mean that if you want a lot of carrots at once (since you need 10 per hut) you have to be pretty quick from the moment you pick them to the time you build the huts themselves. So you need wood gathered, and enough bunny puffs. Before, you had to kill bunnymen and build the hutches in short time span between, otherwise carrots would rot. Or, wrap the carrots in bundle wrap, which you have to kill beequeen for anyway. 

With farms, you can amass wood and puffs first, then farm as much carrots as you need and build everything at once. 

Also there is no 'meta' to stuff actually. Everyone plays in their own way, and at this point there's not really one best way to play. I don't use farms, because I have pig farms and 50 beeboxes. But farming is super efficient and I could live off them if I wanted. 

Any guide you need you can find by simply typing "X tutorial" and either get an exact solution to your problem, or enough information to figure everything out yourself. 

So if i understand, youre saying with the new farms you can amass large amounts of carrots at once. I didn't realize they were that lucrative. Considering ten carrots a piece. They must be able to produce a very large amount to be able to build more than 1 to 2 huts per harvest.

20 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

Exactly what i needed! Any wolfgang ones you know of?

So if i understand, youre saying with the new farms you can amass large amounts of carrots at once. I didn't realize they were that lucrative. Considering ten carrots a piece. They must be able to produce a very large amount to be able to build more than 1 to 2 huts per harvest.

Precisely. With right crop combination, you can grow giant veggies, which give even more vegetables per harvest. Farms are mad powerful, and everyone should try them at least once.

New farms are really good, fun and have massive food rewards for any character (with the exception of wigfrid). Apart from guides already mentioned, since im more of a reader than a yt watcher i suggest forum threads like:

Potatoes are really darn good for any character, not just Wolf, because 20 health per potato and the decent chunk of hunger it restores really makes a difference. Other nice plants to invest in are Pumpkins in Autumn and Winter, Tomatoes to combo with your Potatoes, probably some Garlic if you want fillers, enable crop combos or Potato Puree, carrots for filler and hutches and Dragonfruit for pies. 

Apart from this, I would also like to point out lureplant leafy meat is also pretty good now that it has recipes. Especially Jelly salad, made with 2 leafy meat and 2 honey giving you 50 sanity at the cost of spoiling rather quickly. 

6 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

New farms are really good, fun and have massive food rewards for any character (with the exception of wigfrid). Apart from guides already mentioned, since im more of a reader than a yt watcher i suggest forum threads like:

Potatoes are really darn good for any character, not just Wolf, because 20 health per potato and the decent chunk of hunger it restores really makes a difference. Other nice plants to invest in are Pumpkins in Autumn and Winter, Tomatoes to combo with your Potatoes, probably some Garlic if you want fillers, enable crop combos or Potato Puree, carrots for filler and hutches and Dragonfruit for pies. 

Apart from this, I would also like to point out lureplant leafy meat is also pretty good now that it has recipes. Especially Jelly salad, made with 2 leafy meat and 2 honey giving you 50 sanity at the cost of spoiling rather quickly. 

Very useful response for me. I need to start looking at potatoes, carrots, garlic, as you mentioned. I need to learn enough to make my own layout for each season. Ill be working on doing just that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, HarperDS said:

They are often outdated. Im asking for playthroughs and guides focused on the newer things.... Seeing someone play efficiently using new metas is what i really need

I streamed a boss rush as Wolfgang when Waterlogged was released back in August. Every boss was killed by day 129 (I did Misery Toadstool instead of Regular Toad as well).

The collection of all the VODS can be found here for viewing: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/Isp38dICmxat4A

Just now, lakhnish said:

I streamed a boss rush as Wolfgang when Waterlogged was released back in August. Every boss was killed by day 129 (I did Misery Toadstool instead of Regular Toad as well).

The collection of all the VODS can be found here for viewing: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/Isp38dICmxat4A

Thanks. Followed as well. You happen to main wolfgang as well?

Just now, HarperDS said:

You happen to main wolfgang as well?

No, this was the first time I played Wolfgang this long in a long time. 

I try to play as every character for variety sake. I did boss runs as other characters too; keeps me on my toes so I don't get stuck in the ways of playing only one character.

1 hour ago, HarperDS said:

what makes honey a great food source?

You can farm multiple stacks per day, it gives 3hp and 9 hunger and it spoils really slow (40 days), so you can always carry a stack of honey and never worry about hunger. Very useful for Wolfgang to keep your hunger at max while fighting.

And since you'll have A LOT of honey with a single farm, you can use it as a filler or to make Honey Hams now and then

Archived