Ideas for Maxwell Rework!

Maxwell was my favorite character, and tbh, the majority of perks they gave to wanda, should be for maxwell. The teleport (He should be able to teleport by shadow hands, the same animation when you change beefalo outfit), the glass cannon being able to hit those numbers that wanda can hit... Be able to use shadow weapons and not lose sanity...

Wanda kit is just perfect for maxwell and makes so much more sense than a lady crafiting clocks.  SO WHY KLEI? WHY?

I really wanna Teleport for maxwell, hight numbers, and shadows mechanics... His Codex Umbral should work as a pseudoscience station, so you dont need to go to the ruins for craft. 

Overwall, they have to make a REALLY good rework for him. I will say it again: THEY HAVE TO MAKE A REEEALLY GOOD REWORK FOR HIM. Because he is the ex king, he cannot be outperfomed by wanda. Otherwise will be very dissapointing. (But deep inside i know klei will do a very dissapointing rework for him).

Or just make a plot twist where wanda was the first queen of Constant.

21 minutes ago, Nooahz said:

Wanda kit is just perfect for maxwell and makes so much more sense than a lady crafiting clocks.  SO WHY KLEI? WHY?

Because wanda offers a very interesting downside to balance how crazy are her perks

Im with you, maxwell will fit the glass cannon stererotyped but, that wanda exists, doesnt mean that he cant be it too. Wanda could be focushed on direct damage with hard time healing and maxwell could be a glass canon focushed on micromanaging his duelist but with access to many heal sources. It will also be fitting since him and wendy could share playstyle by wendy being the easy one and maxwell the difficult one

Wanda vs max could be like wendy vs wolf, both deal crazy damage and are focused in combat but in a very different way

On 9/27/2021 at 2:45 PM, VirgilEngineer said:

Magic, shadows and glass canon features? Wanda. No need to elaborate further. 

I wouldn't say that he is a glass canon in the same way as Wanda is since she has it as a mere option to be used in this way. It's more as if you're willing and (more importantly) ready to risk it at certain times. Wanda can heal herself (or rather rewind) to her age of 20 (150 hp) if she don't need her full bonuses, but with Maxwell, you're capped at max 75 hp no matter what, thus making him a bigger risk to play.

Is he worth to play compare to other survivors? Depends on your point of view, though as you mentioned, he feels a bit weaker as of now. I've always thought of him more as of multitasker than resource gatherer.

Maybe in the future I'll post my own topic in which I share my own ideas how his refresh should look since it's a little too much for it to be just a comment. Though I've already made one in the past, I hold a bit different views of him as of now.

Archived