gift mechanism

No, all skins received in daily drops and gameplay drops are completely random and can't be influenced. 

There are some exceptions, for skins you have to actively collect, but everything else has the same drop rates for everyone. 

Some drop rates also change depending on events, but they change for everyone and don't relate to any "level". 

This is the latest (and only?) official information regarding the drop rates. The chance to receive an item of a certain rarity is stated in post and the item is determined at the time you obtain it and cannot be influenced. For example, opening a really old event chest or logging in to the game after a really long hiatus with an unopened daily / weekly gift will grant you the item from "back then". Other than that, the drop rates are according to the list in the post and it all comes down to luck.

Edit:

Minor rephrasing to make the sentence clearer.

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Skins are obtained exclusively from time played. The first of the weekly skins you get are obtained relatively quickly, but as you obtain more the time between them increases until the next weekly reset.

Just to add, there are 8 weekly skins in total and 7 daily skins whenever you invest time to play. A total of 15 skins per week.

From my experience, the intervals for each weekly skin drop is around 1-2 hours of gameplay, and it doesn't really matter what you do in the world. I once tested my theory and went into a local world in supergodmode, and AFK-ed for 10 hours straight, and just checking it out at 1-hour intervals. Managed to collect all 8 weekly skins within the 10-hour time frame on the same day.

The 7 daily skins can be collected every single day at a fixed time, as long as you log in once per day.

Archived