A Little Rework for Warly

I don't really like how Warly hunger works right now. Instead of eating different things, you have to eat BIG things. You don't get rewarded for knowing many recipes, but instead for knowing 2-3 dishes. Meaty Stew, Meatballs, something like honey ham or bacon and eggs.

My idea is to make all dishes give Warly flat amount of hunger (30 hunger for example). And the more you combo with different dishes, the more hunger you will recieve with each unique dish (+15 or 20 hunger for each new dish). With a cap of 100-120 maybe. Make it so you forget first dish after 10 different meals, so you can do the whole cycle again and keep your max hunger benefit. (Time to add bad health and sanity stats for WET GOOP)

If you break your combo early (by eating the same dish), maybe after 2-3 food combo, Combo will be reset, you will lose 20 sanity and get no health if this dish had any (pierogis for example).

If you break combo later, then you will just reset your combo without sanity penalty and without health penalty (if dish had any HP restoration).

So to heal in a long battle as Warly, you will have to carry 3-4 different foods with you, to cycle them, to not get penalized.

Food prepared in Warly crock pots will have +25% bonuses to every stat. will have separate stack with prefix "Chef's"

Remove +20% hunger drain.

Spices and Food Buffs will last 200% on Warly. Maybe even a with a little bit stronger effects. That will make him good on his OWN.

Volt Chaud Froid. Make it add flat damage instead of a multiplier. Just because some characters benefit from it way too much. You know what i mean...)

Chef Pouch is now a portable ice box, exactly like tackle box that only Warly can keep in the invertory and only one at a time. Other characters can open it on the ground but to carry it, they have to empty it first. Rebalance it by changing ingredients for crafting.

Visual indicator of your combo. (Info about all the food you still remember.)

8 hours ago, Keller Max said:

I don't really like how Warly hunger works right now. Instead of eating different things, you have to eat BIG things. You don't get rewarded for knowing many recipes, but instead for knowing 2-3 dishes. Meaty Stew, Meatballs, something like honey ham or bacon and eggs.

Chef Pouch is now a portable ice box

(Info about all the food you still remember.)

I can agree with these points but otherwise Warly in his current state is fine his portable crockpot and the fact that you need Warly to continue making his specific dishes and spices is fine enough reason to play him and his downsides don't leave have a particularly heavy downside that can't be ignored with proper prep.

My idea is to make all dishes give Warly flat amount of hunger (30 hunger for example). And the more you combo with different dishes, the more hunger you will recieve with each unique dish (+15 or 20 hunger for each new dish). With a cap of 100-120 maybe. Make it so you forget first dish after 10 different meals, so you can do the whole cycle again and keep your max hunger benefit. (Time to add bad health and sanity stats for WET GOOP)

This change right here would likely kill all interest in the many players who do play Warly as it sounds extremely tedious.

Remove +20% hunger drain

I often forget this is a thing but wouldn't mind it going away.

Spices and Food Buffs will last 200% on Warly. Maybe even a with a little bit stronger effects. That will make him good on his OWN.

I don't get why the ability to share immediately makes a character not good on their own he doesn't lose the effects of his dishes and the people who swap to use them won't suddenly stop using Wolfgang or Wanda because you made them last abit longer on Warly.  

Volt Chaud Froid. Make it add flat damage instead of a multiplier. Just because some characters benefit from it way too much. You know what i mean...)

Why is combat characters killing bosses faster a problem tho? Even more so when there are usually faster methods without direct confrontation.

9 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Chef Pouch is now a portable ice box, exactly like tackle box that only Warly can keep in the invertory and only one at a time. Other characters can open it on the ground but to carry it, they have to empty it first. Rebalance it by changing ingredients for crafting.

I think reverting it to it's shipwrecked style would be the better call we've already have characters who have better versions of boss drops at this point(Wanda)

9 hours ago, Keller Max said:

So to heal in a long battle as Warly, you will have to carry 3-4 different foods with you, to cycle them, to not get penalized.

Batbat and Medicine are still things that exist.

Pretty much everything that @Mysterious box said I agree with. I don't mind the 20% hunger drain, since it is hard to notice when you are lugging around a nice thicc 250 max hunger around with you, and I wouldn't mind seeing an increased timer on food buffs for Warly just to give him something small outside of just making things. Other than that I agree completely agree. Honestly I wouldn't mind a shipwrecked chef pouch. IMO it would still be outclassed by the insulated pack if they ever made it not flammable please Klei all of the ingredients to make it aren't flammable and it is a boss drop

I think the whole hunger thing is a unique idea, but it would just ultimately promote making crappy dishes, instead of good ones. If I understand your idea correct, you mean fistfull o jam, ratatouille, and butter muffins would be no different from honey ham, bacon & eggs, and turkey dinners, so long as they are a variety.

I just can’t like Warly.. I’m sorry I just don’t find cooking foods to be a fun play style, maybe it’s because that entire concept works best when you have other people to feed.. but Solo Warly is kinda boring TBH.

And while I don’t know all his special dishes when you compare him to characters with a million and one different wacky perks going for them (Wurt, Wormwood, Walter, Wanda) Warly just feels really basic 

Maybe it’s because cooking is literally his only thing about his playstyle, but personally I think a Gourmet chef should carry around Gourmet kitchen supplies- As in- Hey Klei give this guy a portable Ice Box and a Kitchen Inspired unique Melee weapon already.. 

Hatchet from Shipwrecked? A large Splat-ula? Idk I just feel he needs something.. a little more I guess? 

having tables he can set up with full course meals with WintersFeast style team buffs for stuffing your face together at a nice chefs table sounds pretty cool too.

Maybe I’m wrong.. I’m no Warly main, I really hate his current Playstyle, maybe the Warly mains think he’s in an okay spot right now and I’m just suggesting pure craziness that doesn’t fit the character at all.

56 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just can’t like Warly.. I’m sorry I just don’t find cooking foods to be a fun play style

And this is fine it's why we have a big roster.

57 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And while I don’t know all his special dishes when you compare him to characters with a million and one different wacky perks going for them (Wurt, Wormwood, Walter, Wanda) Warly just feels really basic

This could be applied to a lot of the older cast but not Warly he's essentially a alchemist making potions that give effects allowing you to ignore many areas of the game it's like saying Wickerbottom is boring because all she does is read books. Warly however has access to a portable kitchen that allows him to cook while working or fighting, save space while sailing, be more efficient with hunger, faster cook times, access to the game's best crockpot dishes in terms of stats, and gives a list of buffs that he can use to give himself and others perks like:

-darkness immunity

-overheating and freezing immunity

-wetness immunity

-boosted action speed(which also includes hammering)

-boosted attack and defense

-stat swaping

-boosted healing on dishes

Archived