I swear I'm not going crazy

I need to ask before I report it as a bug. One of my founding dupes has not only reverted to a noob (ie 1 skill point) but his attributes are completely different to what they were when I first selected him (at the beginning of the game). I'm 636 cycles in so he had developed many many skills and he had lovely attributes now he has BS qualities like anemic and undigging!!! WTF!!! Is this a feature of the game? If so how do I avoid it because this is a full steaming turd of a feature if so. He hasn't been exposed to zombie spores. Can anyone please explain??? 

Ignore me it turns out im just an idiot. I must have accidentally printed a useless  dup instead of something actually useful that has the exact same name of my excellent dupe. Phew...Also how embarrassing....

15 minutes ago, Lilrael said:

Ignore me it turns out im just an idiot. I must have accidentally printed a useless  dup instead of something actually useful that has the exact same name of my excellent dupe. Phew...Also how embarrassing....

Let this be a lesson to rename them something distinctive the moment they come out of the printer!

May I recommend an ordinal number denoting how many mass deaths your colony has been through so far :cower:

2 hours ago, cpy said:

I know all my dupes by name, I only rename them when I know I already have them but I use very creative names like Liam2, Meep2

That shows you really respect your dupes! You could have named them "Moron1", "Moron2", ... after all.

12 hours ago, Lilrael said:

Ha! As if, I reload like a madman. I cant tell you how many times I have crashed my game loading from a previous save because I've stuffed up...again.... 

Once your save file gets large enough you are best to reload the game ONI entirely before reloading a save, actually quicker too.  Speaking from experience, I don't know how recent patches have affected this.

21 hours ago, tuxii said:

Once your save file gets large enough you are best to reload the game ONI entirely before reloading a save, actually quicker too.  Speaking from experience, I don't know how recent patches have affected this.

Yea, every time you reload a save without exiting the game, it leaks a bunch of memory.

Archived