[Game Update] - Public Testing 475139

37 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

I agree with this to some degree.   Balances and fixes are still needed.     Probably best to not mess with the base game but in a dlc it will be entirely different experience and dlc can be disabled. 

Over here some members of discord sat down and listed the top 20 bugs we'd like to see Klei address. They were picked due to how easy they are to fix and/or how impactful they are to the game. So no minor annoyances, visual bugs, or really edge case bugs made it to the first list.

I cannot thank @sakura_sk enough for her work compiling this list and keep prodding us lazy old guys to contribute a little at least.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

Nobody likes a nerf when they're used to something or have already built a system and now the system they've built is broken.     While I was kind of annoyed too about the food mechanics   it's something I have accepted.           

From a veteran players perspective this is a nerf.     But. Imagine this.  If you are a new player this mechanic change is part of the game and they just accept it and work with it.  They don't know of anything different or better. 

The options 'idea'  is probably a decent idea to go about tackling the problem.        These changes does change the game's difficulty a bit, and therefore a new 'difficulty' tier should be added or   the change should be added to the max difficulty setting rather than the current defaults.

Maybe the entire difficulty system should be reworked somehow  with difficulty selections.   Choose your game play styles/difficulties and get rated on your selections. 

Similar to Anno 1800, where they have all these options for you to choose from and the difficulty bar changes based on your choice.  The difficulty bar is nothing more than a bragging right. 

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Nobody likes a nerf when they're used to something or have already built a system and now the system they've built is broken.     While I was kind of annoyed too about the food mechanics   it's something I have accepted.           

From a veteran players perspective this is a nerf.     But. Imagine this.  If you are a new player this mechanic change is part of the game and they just accept it and work with it.  The don't know of anything different or better. 

Personally, I don't really care about the food mechanics. I doesn't affect my game style much anyway as I've always seen stockpiling food as a waste of dupe labour and resources. I prefer to throttle my food production to the actual consumption.

But it'd be easy, and a nice gesture from Klei, to make a tickbox where you can tick it off and continue to play an existing map without having the game rules change mid-game.