I think we need an overhaul of the map generation.

You are right about wormholes being either a blessing or a curse. It depends solely on whether you get lucky with the world generation or not. Still, for me having ideal wormholes was never a huge factor (maybe when I started playing DST but you can usually play around having less-than-ideal ones). With a domesticated beefalo it is easy to cover large distances fast, though. To me at least a domesticated beefalo is a "mid game" to "late game" thing. Once you have made friends with a hairy cow your logistics and daily resource management will look a tad different. It should (from my experience) result in a net gain of leisure time. You also should have zero problems with traveling fast once you have beefalo buddy. I can check how long it takes to get across the map next time I play, because now you have made me curious.

And I agree on trying to become as maintenance free and independent as possible, although it sounds as we play the game a bit differntly xd If I go to sea for a longer while I skip having a fire pit onboard altogether and use an end table instead. One (1) lightbulb will cover all your nightly light needs at sea for 10 days(!). It gives off a small light but since boats are small it goes well hand in hand. Wavey Jones won't be able to put out that light and you will have a peace of mind. Sailing is fun, if you don't overload your boat.

Indeed, I play the way I enjoy the game personally. Sometimes it changes thought, when realizing new things or learning something new. There are many DST epiphanies to be had. xd

On 8/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, Well-met said:

I've said it a million times, Klei needs to make a setpiece contest and pick like 10 entries for land, 10 for caves and 10 for sea and add them. Also give the winners skins or spools or something

This idea is amazing. I would participate for sure.

Archived