The hole is supposed to be a crater made by the fallen satellite. It is there everytime and the surface is exposed to space in that area. Sometimes it is closed from above but has an exposed to space area right under the crust.

It looks funny if the third planetoid is a swamp one. All the offgasing almost creates an atmosphere.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:13 AM, Coolthulhu said:

I don't like how it clearly shows the fact that the planet is "frozen" until you see it.

Agree.

It's not atmospheric that you find a hole that takes almost a quarter of the asteroid and it's full of escaping gas yet it's obvious it should have escaped long time ago. A small exposure with large deposit of polluted water below would have been believable - a small natural leak that can last a while to evaporate, but in this case there was normal oxygen and co2, at fairly high pressure exposed to vacuum trough large breach. 

I assume that there should be an artifact on each planetoid, is that correct?

I revealed whole of Barkiel by this point, but I don't see anything resembling an artifact. There are 3 gravitas 'poi' on the map: generator room (with room's door not having drywall tiles and venting gas); barracks; a table.

1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

I assume that there should be an artifact on each planetoid, is that correct?

There is one artifact in the starting planetoid. The other 1-2 (depending on classic/SO start) closer planetoids don't have any. Any other planetoid has 2 I think (I'm not sure if they put a POI in regolith planetoid yet)

On 8/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, sakura_sk said:

There is one artifact in the starting planetoid. The other 1-2 (depending on classic/SO start) closer planetoids don't have any. Any other planetoid has 2 I think (I'm not sure if they put a POI in regolith planetoid yet)

Apparently it is not entirely true:

Spoiler

Barkiel has one in crushed satellite, plus some wort seeds.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:03 PM, AndreyKl said:

Barkiel has one in crushed satellite, plus some wort seeds.

The wort seeds can be in the satellite but i think the contents are random. I got an atmo suit and 3 morbs once. Not sure if it can have artifacts as well.

Archived