Opinions on the Celestial Portal?

Opinions on Celestial Portal?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Celestial Portal?

• it's really awesome
    • it's pretty cool
    • it's fine i guess
    • it could be better
    • it's awful

3 hours ago, CaRat said:

It kinda shanks the fun for me honestly. Instead of dealing with the characters cons you just take all the good things and no downsides. Hence why I never use it. It just gives wolfgang mains a reason to say he's the best

Dont use it then. I dont use it outside of decorations but i dont mind if others abuse it

If they have fun it that way good for them 

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Dont use it then. I dont use it outside of decorations but i dont mind if others abuse it

If they have fun it that way good for them 

Well yeah I specified that I dont use it. Although it is kinda annoying to see people talk about characters you should only pick and then swap to another. Plus I think it's a fine addition I just want people to have to think twice about swapping like with wx (so you dont lose gears or charge) it doesnt effect worlds much farther into the game but it effects early game more. Which is kinda what I want. Not a preventative from people using it but something that makes you think should I swap? This is mostly just for public worlds that like to uhh have fun. Like ruins rushing on someone else's world and then leaving with all the stuff. Fun for you but not for anyone else. It seems fair considering the other solutions aren't stellar to say the least.

17 hours ago, BoySyrup said:

It's there for the people who want to use it. I haven't messed around with character swapping much so I can't really formulate an opinion, but it's fine enough as a mechanic.

And instead of making it more tedious to use I'd rather have characters get more "Selfish" perks to make them worth staying as, this would make the character funner and make the portal a... slightly harder choice.

17 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I like it.

As for the supposed "OPness" (God, that sounds wrong) of it, suggestions to nerf the Celestial Portal are really no different from most other suggestions to nerf stuff.

That is to say they are incredibly short-sighted and driven by some vague, nebulous idea of "balance" and "challenge" with little to no consideration for the mind-numbing tedium their implementation would actually result in.

I'll say, you two either are game designers already or awaiting to be hired :D

I think it's an absolute godsend for solo players like me who like making megabases. Wolfgang for bosses, winona for farms and speedcrafting, maxwell for farming resources and reading wicker's books, wendy for spider farming, warly for cooking, wormwood for farming crops and finally WX in endgame because I have too many gears. Thank goodness it's cheap to use

Archived