I'm playing on speed 1 and the game is stuttering from low FPS. I only have 14 dupes and haven't even begun my endgame. Currently only colonize 2 asteroids and my bases on them are not too big. Currently about 500 critters total, and most of those are confined to 1 square so their pathing calculation doesn't contribute more to lag. Still haven't build my Slickters and Dreckos ranches, or my morb > Pufts ranches that I usually build. Don't use a lot of spaguetti in base and don't dig out any wild part of the asteroid unless I wanna build there, so much of my main asteroid is still as it was when map was generated. The game is NOT using any part of my PC to it's limits. There's plenty of CPU, GPU and RAM power to spare, but the game just doesn't use it and instead lags and breaks.

I made a post a while ago about how Critter AI is also heavily affected by ONI's poor performance. I've made so many concessions and compromises to try and enjoy the game and see past this lag but I'm out of ideas on what else to do without ruining the fun! Already playing on speed 1 and avoiding running any more ranches even though I love them! This is ruining the game for me and I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!

I was going to post this to Reddit or Steam forums but decided to post here so there's hopefully a higher chance of Klei seeing this. So Klei, when are you guys going to step up and address this? At the moment I feel all of Klei's focus is on putting more content to the game (which is great!) but so many of us can't enjoy the current content as it is because of ONI's poor mid/end-game performance and I wish we weren't ignored. Please, we need you, Klei! :concern:

I agree, ONI is running pretty badly in the late game. The game maxes out at about 1.5 threads so most modern day cpus are under utilized. I’m dreaming about a parallel ONI, and the split maps had an opportunity here, but it’s not likely this will happen. The development costs do not fit the budget. Hopefully, we will get some performance when the game stops being developed such that we can have a compile without debug 

here are some things that are known to slow the game:

• Debris, sweep the map regularly 
  • Mixed gasses, 
  • long dupe paths
  • Long full pipes

There is an old performance issue where things start lagging out in the early/mid game for no obvious reason.  It's caused by having too much in your nearby base but not yet having the outdoor renovations achievement (the one for building outside the starting zone).  Could it maybe be that?

19 hours ago, 515905_1452787397 said:

I'm playing on speed 1 and the game is stuttering from low FPS. I only have 14 dupes and haven't even begun my endgame. Currently only colonize 2 asteroids and my bases on them are not too big. Currently about 500 critters total, and most of those are confined to 1 square so their pathing calculation doesn't contribute more to lag. Still haven't build my Slickters and Dreckos ranches, or my morb > Pufts ranches that I usually build. Don't use a lot of spaguetti in base and don't dig out any wild part of the asteroid unless I wanna build there, so much of my main asteroid is still as it was when map was generated. The game is NOT using any part of my PC to it's limits. There's plenty of CPU, GPU and RAM power to spare, but the game just doesn't use it and instead lags and breaks.

I made a post a while ago about how Critter AI is also heavily affected by ONI's poor performance. I've made so many concessions and compromises to try and enjoy the game and see past this lag but I'm out of ideas on what else to do without ruining the fun! Already playing on speed 1 and avoiding running any more ranches even though I love them! This is ruining the game for me and I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!

I was going to post this to Reddit or Steam forums but decided to post here so there's hopefully a higher chance of Klei seeing this. So Klei, when are you guys going to step up and address this? At the moment I feel all of Klei's focus is on putting more content to the game (which is great!) but so many of us can't enjoy the current content as it is because of ONI's poor mid/end-game performance and I wish we weren't ignored. Please, we need you, Klei! :concern:

Hopefully Klei will improve more over time, touch wood :encouragement:

:confused: Whats is your:

- Exact cpu model and ram amount

- Played dlc map

- Build number

If you like, upload a save game here. Maybe someone will be willing to check it out and perhaps can give some fps tips and either join the complaint and/or perhaps someone can point some helpful things out how you can regain some fps speed. :ghost:

Archived