Feature Request -- Use for Abyssalite?

Here's an idea:
How about a new insulated tile made from Abyssalite (300 390 kg) and Lime (100 10 kg)? 
Same as the "perfect" insulation tile but with a Decor hit?  Useful for building ugly, but fully automated industrial bricks?
Think of it as "Duplicant QuickCrete".

1 hour ago, KungPaoTigger said:

Abyssalite (300 kg) and Lime (100 kg)

Kinda hard to get that much lime. Especially if it`s for just one tile. Might be even hader than getting the isoresin and reed fiber for insulation.

I`d rather have i be feedable to stone hatches (or even smooth ones for 5% metal output). Another idea is for it to be crushable into a semi insulative material - something similar to ceramic maybe a bit worse. This way we could easily use the ridiculous amount of it we get after a while.

Maybe tweak the ratio then?  I'll edit the original post.  I had not thought about feeding it to hatches either.  That's also a good solution.  Maybe to Sage Hatches (the garbage disposal of the game?) for coal, or to Smooth Hatches for 25% refined metal (maybe Steel?), or possibly introduce a new morph that produces something else (like Insulation? Hatch -> Stone Hatch -> new morph?)

20 hours ago, gabberworld said:

not sure but i saw somewhere cement in game, i think it was planned but skipped

There was an entire "refined mineral" cathegory with bricks (same stats as ceramic), concrete, crushed rock and a few more. I`m kinda sad it got cut. It had potential to be an important resource, maybe required for insulated stuff like refined metals are required for radiant ones.

27 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

There was an entire "refined mineral" cathegory with bricks (same stats as ceramic), concrete, crushed rock and a few more. I`m kinda sad it got cut. It had potential to be an important resource, maybe required for insulated stuff like refined metals are required for radiant ones.

yeah i see that

Brick, Building Slab, Cement, Crushed Rock, Sand Cement

Currently, there exist ways to melt abyssalite into liquid tungsten, and a few posts on the forums and reddit on doing such.  It can also get fed to a certain type of shine bug.  That said, I would prefer some other uses for abyssalite.

Archived