Any way to turn an offline world into an online one?

2 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Last week my internet wasn't working properly so I had to create an offline world to play DST. 
image.thumb.png.442d51b2644ec33c0d4d5a8c81f8ec43.png
Does anyone know any way that I can turn it into an online world?

You could try to copy the world's files into an online world- no idea how that'll work for you, but it's worth a try.

• Developer

I think we used to have instructions for the super brave to go into the save file and edit it manually, but it was a bit technical even back then and probably there's all sorts of new gotchas now with how many changes have been made to the game.

IIRC most of the issues were around players (as you'd expect) so have everyone drop their inventory before trying, then if the player doesn't translate cleanly you can always just spawn again as a new player. WX will have to find new fridges to eat the gears out of however. :smile:

1 hour ago, nome said:

I think we used to have instructions for the super brave to go into the save file and edit it manually, but it was a bit technical even back then and probably there's all sorts of new gotchas now with how many changes have been made to the game.

I’ve been looking for those instructions for a while, but I haven’t had any luck. Do you know where I might find them?

Archived