tune-up priority?

Hello,

I am currently after a long break back to the (base) game. A lot has since improved, of which I am happy of.

The one thing I do think that could require improvement, unless I am missing something, is the tune-up mechanic.

I am unable to select a priority. Since I have quite a few operation stations (oil refinery, rock crusher, metal refinery, glass forge,...) and Tune-Up being hardlocked into priority 5, tune-up is often not done for cycles after its effect runs out.

I did try to play around with lower priorities for the rest of operation stations, with unfavorable results (oil refinery not being operated can leave you in a dark place...).

Am I missing something? Is this perhaps something that still needs to be implemented?

Tune-up tasks are generated by the generators themselves, which are not prioritizable in the base game. That means they'll always be priority 5 (as you've noticed).

That said, it's rather simple to add a Prioritizable component to the generators themselves, as I did in this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872113768

(That said, it's not been updated for API 2 yet. Let me get on that.) Done.

1 hour ago, Red Shark said:

Tune-up tasks are generated by the generators themselves, which are not prioritizable in the base game. That means they'll always be priority 5 (as you've noticed).

That said, it's rather simple to add a Prioritizable component to the generators themselves, as I did in this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872113768

(That said, it's not been updated for API 2 yet. Let me get on that.)

Oh that would be so sweet. Thanks a bunch! I already subscribed, should have an update pushed to my game once you get around doing it.

You can only rliably tune up coal generators as they got a priority setting. Personally i wish the tune up priority was controlled by the tune up station. Currently it only controls the priority at which the chips are produced and dupes will take chips to other power plants even if the station there doesn`t have a material selected.

I've found that I can do a convoluted priority by setting an engineer's "Operating" priority higher.  Unfortunately, this conflicts with other operating tasks, such as smelting -- so I have to use door permissions to make sure there's an electrical engineer available for tuning up generators.

Archived