Germ difficulty and Liquid Decontaminator

I hope you are at least considering making the germ system more of a problem and in some cases deadly, with slimelung especially. But if you are going to do that, please add a building like a Liquid Decontaminator that is specifically made for decontaminating liquids with chlorine, radiation or something like that, because liquid held in reservoirs being decontaminated but under no other condition makes no sense and shouldn't even be a mechanic. The decontamination building could require plastic to make it more of a mid game building than early game much like the germ sensors.

It would also be great if duplicants couldn't just wash off all germs in germy water. If the water has 10,000 germs while the duplicant has 100,000 on them, then the best they could get cleaned up is down to 10,000 germs with the system being exchange of germs kind of like temperature. Same for pumping germy liquid into plants, the plants and their yield should get germs on them from this.

I do think germs are a bit weak, maybe adding some germs that are uncommon, but lethal would get people REALLY on their toes.  I also like the decontamination idea.  Personally, I think Radiation would be a really cool idea for the decontaminator to use.  At the very least, Zombie spores should be deadly, they are already debilitating, but adding some deadly side effects would be terrible for dupes, and good for players who want challenges, though Food Poisioning, and Slimelung I don’t think should be deadly, as they are far too common

Once germs are stronger we could use a chlorine powered machine that cleans air around itself out of germs (also a building using bottled chlorine). Then maybe a uv light version that`s higher tech but uses power.

A water filter needing plastic and being suplied with refined carbon could work for cleaning germs from liquids.

The Ore Scrubber was so, so bad. Anyways, yes I want ways to remove germs from liquids, as it's ridiculous how well food poisoning germs spread in them. At the very least, bleach stone should kill germs in the same tile (so if it's placed in water it'll kill germs in the water).

Buildings not isolating their contents from gas exposure is a frustration of mine with fridges as well as liquid reservoirs. I also find it really crazy you need to chain multiple together to kill germs sufficiently fast.

I don't much mind the sink thing because it'd be really annoying to realize my water is germy so my dupes can't clean up way after it started happening. That said, if there was a very early-game way to get rid of germs, I think it'd be fine.

1 hour ago, Nebbie said:

Anyways, yes I want ways to remove germs from liquids, as it's ridiculous how well food poisoning germs spread in them.

My secret dark technology is the algae distiller.

Slimelung kills food poisoning.

2 hours ago, Nebbie said:

I don't much mind the sink thing because it'd be really annoying to realize my water is germy so my dupes can't clean up way after it started happening. That said, if there was a very early-game way to get rid of germs, I think it'd be fine.

The simplest early game solution is to just store your germy pollluted water until you get the the tech to clean it.

9 hours ago, Nebbie said:

More clean water, maybe bleachstone and basic medicine for the infected until you can decontaminate or find more permanent water sources, whichever comes first. Slightly germy water would still be fine to use just not as effective as before.

We got one building that`s good in removing germs from water. The liquid teptizer. At 80 C the germs die off. The issue with this is that hot water i worse than germy water so that`s a solution worse than the problem.

Archived