Accidentally targeting Beefalo

Hello again!

I am currently trying to speedrun a glossomer saddle start. I usually get it on day 5 and then I rush ruins after obtaining some stuff on day 6/7. When in the ruins there's a lot of fighting. I opt to fight with a ham bat because I am wolfgang and do more DPS than on beefalo. However, when fighting nightmares, depth worms, bishops, knights and rooks. I would randomly target my beefalo attacking it and reducing it's tame by 30%. I reset when this happens and it's very annoying. Is there a mod to make beefalos untargetable or even a setting? I currently use a controller for comfort and the challenge.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Happy to hear people rushing beefalo and glossamer and beef ruins!

Nightmares, depth worms, and clockworks are all already hostile creatures. Make sure you use normal attack instead of force attack and you shouldn’t target your beefalo.

Unless controller doesn’t work like that. Does it only have force attack or something? 

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

Unless controller doesn’t work like that. Does it only have force attack or something? 

yeah, if you use a controller there is no difference between attack and force attack as far as I know

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

Happy to hear people rushing beefalo and glossamer and beef ruins!

Nightmares, depth worms, and clockworks are all already hostile creatures. Make sure you use normal attack instead of force attack and you shouldn’t target your beefalo.

Sometimes you need force atack to target the closest enemy instead of the last one that atack you so things like beefalo, walls, snail doms, etc getting such priority is soo annoying

12 minutes ago, JWalker1311 said:

Why would you use a glossamer saddle instead of a war saddle to rush the ruins. I dont understand. Or do you just want top speed because wolfgang already has enough damage. 

because getting a war saddle in the first few days is extremely rng dependent, it's way slower than the basic saddle forcing you to carry 2 saddles at once if you plan on swapping to it for combat, and a wild beefalo with a war saddle is hardly any better than just using a ham bat even as a character with no damage mults

3 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

because getting a war saddle in the first few days is extremely rng dependent, it's way slower than the basic saddle forcing you to carry 2 saddles at once if you plan on swapping to it for combat, and a wild beefalo with a war saddle is hardly any better than just using a ham bat even as a character with no damage mults

Exactly this. It's a theoretical dilemma for me. I enjoy speedrunning the game. I'm currently trying to "test" an all boss speedrun with various starts. One being a glossomer saddle rush. Hitting the beefalo when testing this ends the run immediately. Knowing about the mod makes this not a problem anymore. Thank you for your guy's input.

Archived