Question about Liquid Chlorine

I build a rocket with a liquid tank to permit to use the lavoratory and the sink inside the command module.

But a problem still remaining: the germs

Did someone now, if put a little quantity of chlorine inside a tank could disinsfect the water stored?

We do that in real life to have good water, i wondering if we could do this in game?

14 minutes ago, Flydo said:

I build a rocket with a liquid tank to permit to use the lavoratory and the sink inside the command module.

Did someone now, if put a little quantity of chlorine inside a tank could disinsfect the water stored?

We do that in real life to have good water, i wondering if we could do this in game?

You don't need to care about the germs, just reuse the water, nothing will happen to your duplicant. Answering your other question, no it won't. Chlorine doesn't work like that on ONI. You need to have gas chlorine to disinfect your tank.

27 minutes ago, Flydo said:

No, ONI's systems don't work that way.  You'd need the Liquid Reservoir standing Chlorine gas to disinfect the liquids it contains.  You can't exactly do that in the vacuum of space.  In theory you could use some space inside the rocket to do that, but there's not exactly a lot of room in there for it.

That said, if the only thing you are using it for is the Sink and Lavatory, you don't need to do anything about it.  Dupes aren't drinking the water in the Sink or Lavatory (at least...  I hope they're not...  might explain a thing or 2 though...).  Food Poisoning must be consumed, either on food or in the various drinks (Water Cooler, Espresso Machine, etc).  Touching things that have Food Poisoning on them aren't the issue.

As long as your Dupes aren't playing with the Polluted Dirt that comes out of the Water Sieve while the Rocket is in flight, there's no way they can get sick from Food Poisoning from recycled waste water.

personally I find diseases to be pretty ignorable. my dupes are using slimelung contaminated polluted air to breathe and using the washroom without hand washing and my base is running fine with less than a third sick at any given time. food poisonings is completely ignorable while slimelung is bit annoying in that it shortens the distance. I'm still using p-oxygen anyway because I am trying to be fully renewable which to clean the air would mean to build an oxygen liquefier.

Archived