Little Sour Gas Boilers?

I’ve been looking for a sour gas boiler that I can slot into my base. I’m currently on cycle 70, and looking to get a proper power network going, but all the sour gas boilers I’ve seen are either unwieldy or require space materials. Is anyone willing to share a design that I could build? (It doesn’t have to produce a ton of Nat gas, maybe only a kilogram/s).

I can't find the save file with that kind of boiler, but it is possible ...

Basically you need multiple layer of aquatuner cooling using difference coolant liquid :

• PWater to -20C
  • Ethanol to -110C
  • Liquid methane to -170C (beware of pipe break)... should be much safer to do with thermo regulator using hydrogen, or use aquatuner with only 1kg per segment, can prevent liquid from merging by mix other liquid in : salt, brine, pwater, water, it is 50% efficiency than the regulator with h2 but still far less than using liquid methane.

This is a simple little boiler by @Tartarus Plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwg0sk_hxGg

You'll have to replace the heat source with something like magma and the chill plate with an AETN or an aquatuner-chilled liquid such as oxygen or methane. You can chill hydrogen enough with a chain of thermo-regulators. Methane has double the SHC of lOx so it's more efficient in the aquatuner. And I think it'd be cool to convert sour gas to methane with even colder methane.

You can try mine.

One purpose was to be a pocket version. Other purposes need to be checked into the topic.

But you'll need steel, thermium, supercoolant ,etc.... So space materials.

If I get it you're cycle 70. That's early game and oil to NG boilers are late game setup. It's seems you put the car before the horse. There's plenty of other setups to produce electricity you should (must ?) do before going to oil to NG boiler.

48 minutes ago, Occam Blazer said:

@blakemw has that covered. (-: Make the sour gas where you have heat and transport it to the chiller.

Yep. Some players want to avoid using pumps because like for a 1 kg/s Sour Gas boiler, that adds 480W of power consumption... but the natural gas output is good for 7.8 kW of power generation so it's still massively power-profitable. Like with a arbor tree based ethanol power you're lucky to get half the total power as profit, with a sour gas boiler even pumping the sour gas you're going to get something like 90% of the power as profit while being massively water-positive too.

There's also this false economy, a pumped sour gas build can be very quick to make. A non-pumped design make take hundreds of cycles more to get going and that is time you haven't been enjoying the insanely high efficiency and power output of a "inefficient" sour gas boiler.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:08 AM, meaniebeanie22 said:

I’ve been looking for a sour gas boiler that I can slot into my base. I’m currently on cycle 70, and looking to get a proper power network going, but all the sour gas boilers I’ve seen are either unwieldy or require space materials. Is anyone willing to share a design that I could build? (It doesn’t have to produce a ton of Nat gas, maybe only a kilogram/s).

I did a playthrough where I did a no space material boiler.

Here is a tech tip video on it.  You need a source of heat, volcano, magma, rocket. Otherwise it is all steel.  They don't work great, 1kg of hydrogen can't move as much heat and 10kg of super coolant.  

In the base game I found it easier to rush to get super coolant.

In Spaced out that is harder, but not impossible to rush to get it. 

Archived