Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Keller Max

Crockpot and Food Rework

So basically, each food can have different values, depending on it's ingredient values and maybe new cooking minigame timing, raw food multipliers, more buffs, instead of regular Hunger,Sanity,Health.

That way Meatballs with rich fillers like pumpkins will give you much more hunger, while adding something like red cap can cut or even decrease health values. Meatballs with 1 morsel and 3 ice, for example, should probably give you a minimal amount of stats, thus making this combination inefficient

I want cooking reward you for time investment and ingredient combination/quality, just like RWYS update changed boring poop invested plant farm to an interesting minigame with a little math to it. I would even like the Gorge cooking system, but it probably would be too complicated and annoying for most players.

And i would like to see something like Overfeeding. To prevent people from eating full stack of meatballs from the fridge just to heal to full health. Or maybe force people to make healing items like salves more, instead of one of the most cheapest and overpowered dish: PIEROGI.

1 hour ago, Keller Max said:

So basically, each food can have different values, depending on it's ingredient values and maybe new cooking minigame timing, raw food multipliers, more buffs, instead of regular Hunger,Sanity,Health.

And just like you can no longer stack crock pot dishes.

12 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Elaborate.

I guess i cannot create a new food system in a single hour. It was a suggestion of reworking crooking pot/food for something interesting, with more content to it and better return for a time investment. Because 70% of crockpot dishes are kinda bad and not worth their ingredients.

6 hours ago, Keller Max said:

I guess i cannot create a new food system in a single hour.

No one asked you to. But if you are gonna suggest a massive, negative change like crock pot dishes no longer stacking, you probably should be able to present a halfway concrete idea of how to offset that change, so that the game doesn't become a tedious slog.

Why do people keep suggesting random cooking reworks when there's nothing wrong with how cooking currently works? Farming got a rework because it sucked and was pretty pointless. The crock pot is one of the strongest items in the game.

Also, you are suggesting the opposite of what you say you are. You say you want a "minigame" that rewards you for learning how to do it. You propose a system that undermines the current "minigame" of learning recipes and how to efficiently make them, and replace it with a system where just mindlessly throwing crap in without thought rewards you because it scales up based on how wasteful you are.

24 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why do people keep suggesting random cooking reworks when there's nothing wrong with how cooking currently works? Farming got a rework because it sucked and was pretty pointless. The crock pot is one of the strongest items in the game.

I feel like I've already read this exact same post a dozen times.