Jump to content

Was there a forum system error?


JRup

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I'm posting this in general discussion, but it can admittedly be shoehorned elsewhere. Nonetheless:

I'd recently posted a short video showing duplicants obtaining gas containers from a disabled canister filler. All was fine until the fire nation striked the post disappeared. The name of the post was "Dupes will have their soda..." 

I have received no warning or feedback as to why this has happened. So maybe there was not even a mod involved in the event.

I do admit to my crimes, the 15-something seconds video was 16.5 MB and worst of all I used a meme to attach proper emotion to the situation at hand.

Screenshots of the errors given trying to access the post are attached and witness protection has been applied to the most part of the process.

I've already used the contact us page and will fervently await feedback from you.

A screenshot of this post will also be taken.

1648136907_Dupeswonthavetheirsoda.thumb.png.5949e53e26e20729c67bac10bb286233.png

 

1750426217_Dupeswonthavetheirsodanoacc.thumb.png.d318c7195f0029a0af6870c84e47a0e9.png

 

662203583_Witnessprotection.png.bf18a9a7507529d33b9ba3dd24ed1f4d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confirming that the post is not visible anymore, maybe a cloud storage error? Not the first time that content went to Nirvana...My nice squirrel image! :roll: @JRup...also loved your meme! That was the best bit of the post IMHO :lol:

Attempting to link your disappeared content post path...throws out the message that I don't have the permission to see the content, like you have shown in one of your screenshots. Maybe some user right issue or auto block on the thread? @JoeW friendly nudge :p:confused:

the post comment link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, babba said:

Confirming that the post is not visible anymore, maybe a cloud storage error? Not the first time that content went to Nirvana...My nice squirrel image! :roll: @JRup...also loved your meme! That was the best bit of the post IMHO :lol:

Attempting to link your disappeared content post path...throws out the message that I don't have the permission to see the content, like you have shown in one of your screenshots. Maybe some user right issue or auto block on the thread? @JoeW friendly nudge :p:confused:

the post comment link

I had put a concerned fan into the witness protection program... Oh well.

BTW here's a link to the Mocking kid

Dunno if someone dared to copyright an image found on the interwebs... (FWIW: I also feel I've seen the episode some years ago, but can't recall where.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, I removed the post. 

Posting a short video and a meme image isn't a discussion, or a topic of discussion. You didn't get a warning, because removing the post is a soft warning. SO, I guess here I am not asking you to keep posts polite and on topic. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoeW said:

Nope, I removed the post. 

Posting a short video and a meme image isn't a discussion, or a topic of discussion. You didn't get a warning, because removing the post is a soft warning. SO, I guess here I am not asking you to keep posts polite and on topic. Thanks. 

Understood. I'm glad there was nothing offensive about it. Although I still believe it was a chance to open some discussion about some irregularities in the gas bottling department.

If retrieving contents from a disabled canister filler is a valid move then I will refrain from posting a bug report specifically for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JRup said:

Understood. I'm glad there was nothing offensive about it. Although I still believe it was a chance to open some discussion about some irregularities in the gas bottling department.

If retrieving contents from a disabled canister filler is a valid move then I will refrain from posting a bug report specifically for this.

...and I was suspecting a caching outage issue at fastly :lol:

https://status.fastly.com/incidents/vpk0ssybt3bj
image.thumb.png.c5be7910fd984e105f5842775922ff3f.png

@JRup I liked your soda video + the meme, the video was nice recorded. Maybe I will get in to soda production in ONI, I have never made soda in the game. :beguiled:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe I've found an appropriate entry for the video to live on:

For funnies expand spoiler:

Spoiler

 

How I imagine dupes going to the canister filler nowadays:

596244555_Buildingisdisabledmini.png.a2df9ed892de58229be3f0ec49421451.png

 

 

20 minutes ago, babba said:

@JRup I liked your soda video + the meme, the video was nice recorded. Maybe I will get in to soda production in ONI, I have never made soda in the game.

It is the first vid I posted, I couldn't believe the OS had a built in function...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JRup said:

I believe I've found an appropriate entry for the video to live on:

For funnies expand spoiler:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

How I imagine dupes going to the canister filler nowadays:

596244555_Buildingisdisabledmini.png.a2df9ed892de58229be3f0ec49421451.png

 

 

It is the first vid I posted, I couldn't believe the OS had a built in function...

In your original post I linked blueberry pi`s amazing rocket video, I can strongly recommend it ( the rotating rocket video is a bit hidden "inside" image.png.aad167662c56161cb0936622659a462d.png ). Its very nice :x Maybe somebody, someday builds a ONI soda canister refiller out of toilet rolls...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...