Rook's Ending?

I don't entirely understand the ending to Rook's campaign. We grab the odd device in the mud, then what? And we have a drop point, because "somebody" is paying/ordering us to either stop or start a revolution? Or are we grabbing this odd device for them? 

The ending feels a lot like a cliffhanger, a little too abrupt, and it feels like we're missing a "bigger picture" here.

Isn't the ending supposed to point out the fact that Rook was kinda double-crossing everyone, by working for someone else entirely? Perhaps the player is then supposed to question in their minds, how far can Rook go with all these double crossings

Rook's "client" clearly wants the "thang" from the mud, and most likely they are also interested in supressing the bogger cult, whereas the struggle between Spark Barons and Rise doesn't really interest them one way or another.

I highly suspect this client has strong ties to the Cult of Hesh. (protecting the good name of the CoH comes up as secondary objective in two of his main quests). The CoH is inching towards open warfare with the Spark Barons, but probably has no sympathies for the Rise either, as they threaten the current order of Deltrean society, in which the CoH is firmly invested.

The cliff hanger aspect in Rook's campaign is stronger than with the other two characters, but if you follow their outro to the end, they ultimately also move on towards a further overarching goal. I assume the three will continue their journey in a part 2, that focuses more on interactions between CoH and probably Rentoria in and around Supplicant City, the Derricks and Dockertown.

Archived