I am watching Francis John right now and he came with idea of nuclear weapons. I do not like idea of weapons in this game at all but as a veteran of Elite II: Frontier I remember that the first weapon on the starships was a mining lasers. What about making a mining thermal reactor nuke?

The basics idea of this device is that it should be a building (like animal traps). It will require:
- electrical power supply for electronics
- nuclear material for initialisation of reaction (military grade enriched uranium - similar to table salt - 100kg to 5g ratio compared to enricher uranium). Required amount about 1 kg should be enough to balance game but could be higher to not abuse this mechanic.
- pressurised hydrogen (a lot of hydrogen). The amount will influence range of thermal reaction and temperature.
- automation signal to detonate.

After detonation mining thermal reactor nuke will instantly rise temperature within the radius by few thousands of degree. Game engine will takeover from here by vaporising/melting surroundings.

32 minutes ago, Tofiel said:

Game engine will takeover from here by vaporising/melting surroundings.

Like uncovering Iron volcanos in frozen planet with mixed materials (ice, polluted ice, sand) and crashing the game off-screen? :D

that's why "mini" in the name. Eventually it could only heat up reactor itself to the unimaginable temperature and then instead heat up everything within 10 tiles radius it will progress following the game mechanics starting from melting down nuke reactor and releasing superheated hydrogen. but down product will be boring pits instead of making circular heat sources that will kill whole base. Yeap, greedy mining could be dangerous. DO NOT TRY NUKES AT HOME, LEAVE IT TO PROFFESSIONALS LIKE MEEP.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:01 PM, sakura_sk said:

Like uncovering Iron volcanos in frozen planet with mixed materials (ice, polluted ice, sand) and crashing the game off-screen? :D

That actually sounds like fun way to 'roadblock' some asteroids, planetoids and even volcanoes.

Ex: you can't mine some POIs until you blast them open (periodically?), you can force a (permanently?) dormant volcano to (temporary?) active state by nuking it.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, Tofiel said:

that's why "mini" in the name. Eventually it could only heat up reactor itself to the unimaginable temperature and then instead heat up everything within 10 tiles radius it will progress following the game mechanics starting from melting down nuke reactor and releasing superheated hydrogen. but down product will be boring pits instead of making circular heat sources that will kill whole base. Yeap, greedy mining could be dangerous. DO NOT TRY NUKES AT HOME, LEAVE IT TO PROFFESSIONALS LIKE MEEP.

babba approves this request

Archived