Constantly losing progress

It happened to me again just now. Played about 100 days yesterday, all my progress was lost. I’m so hurt. This has happened to me many times before, but I never played 100 days in one real life day like that. I’d like to think that backing up my save file would help but last time this happened I quit out of the game and went back in and lost all my progress that day. So idk if it’s completely forgetting all the progress as soon as you quit the game or what. To upload save storage to cloud you have to exit the game. Makes me think there’s no way for a workaround. So I guess I’m just going to have to stop maybe every 30 days or so exit the game and save to online storage to make sure I don’t lose another big chunk like that. I’m honestly clueless. Bummed

that's sad, it never happened to me to lose that many progress for no reason. I do back up my worlds about once a week, once lost ~200 days of progress because I could not find my remote control and my tv has a shut down timer, but that's on me =) . Sometimes I had it happen that I lose the current day progress, but I think never in the tens-hundreds of days range. 

I've seen others have this issue and had it once myself. I think it's actually user error too unfortunately. I think it's from closing the app or shutting down the console before the spinning wheel icon has gone away and the game has had a chance to save everything. 

This happened to me after finishing a raid on Fuelweaver late at night with a bunch of other people. I'm an early bird, so when we wrapped up at 1am, I shut down the world and immediately turned off the PS4 to go to bed. When I started it up the next day it was as if the previous session never even happened. 

I usually always keep my PlayStation in rest mode mainly for this reason, like literally 24/7 because of the fear of losing progress lol so I came home from work and accidently bumped the power wire while it was in rest mode. Idk if that actually caused my progress to be lost because i still had the application open in background before bumping the power chord but  maybe this knowledge could be use to someone 

Advice I received some time ago that helped me a bit: closing the game on ps4 is different than on PC (i play on both platforms). First close the game by menu & disconnect. Game saves properly only at the begining of the day, every other time is a gamble. Wait on initial game screen to fully load, then you see saving icon again, so you wait. Only then close the app and again wait a bit. it's weird and complicated but at least so far it works.

Archived