No way to get salt water 需要新的获取盐水方式!

There are many ways to get water, polluted water but still lack much ways to get salt water except the salt water vent. However, currently there only exists brine vent in some maps in dlc. Please add salt water vent! Or, it is better to add a new machine that can combine water and salt to produce salt water and brine. It will be much helpful if there exists that kind of machine. Thank you!

On 5/18/2021 at 1:00 AM, gluttony2020 said:

There are many ways to get water, polluted water but still lack much ways to get salt water except the salt water vent. However, currently there only exists brine vent in some maps in dlc. Please add salt water vent! Or, it is better to add a new machine that can combine water and salt to produce salt water and brine. It will be much helpful if there exists that kind of machine. Thank you!

Why would you need salt water?

9 minutes ago, TuxSam123 said:

Why would you need salt water?

to make water and salt;

keeping jokes aside, you need salt water for

"Waterweed can be planted in Planter Box, Farm Tile or Hydroponic Farm. It needs to be fertilized with 500 g/cycle Bleach Stone and 5 kg/cycle Salt Water irrigation"

from wiki

3 hours ago, KonfigSys said:

to make water and salt;

keeping jokes aside, you need salt water for

"Waterweed can be planted in Planter Box, Farm Tile or Hydroponic Farm. It needs to be fertilized with 500 g/cycle Bleach Stone and 5 kg/cycle Salt Water irrigation"

from wiki

On the classic terra map, I got a salt water geyser. Too bad it was before the changes do world generation. It melted my tundra :(

3 hours ago, KonfigSys said:

Why would you plant waterweeds? It's too much work. And for what? Pepper Bread is better overall

8 hours ago, TuxSam123 said:

On the classic terra map, I got a salt water geyser. Too bad it was before the changes do world generation. It melted my tundra :(

Why would you plant waterweeds? It's too much work. And for what? Pepper Bread is better overall

Well, I can stop even on barbeque and fish sticks (generally they are my midgame top food). As I have a high specialization in my colonies (just a few skills to learn by each dup) I do not have a problem with stress  However, I have different goals when the dups have nothing to do - so I am focusing on their recreation and excellent food.

Frost burgers are the top in this sense. 

Wiki: "Frost Burger has the highest food quality in the game and unique Soul Food effect, which grants 15% stress relief and -2 Athletics for 2 cycles.

Cooking and serving Frost Burgers is an overkill most of the time, because only dupes with Gourmet trait will gain additional morale bonus and lengthy Athletics penalty does not help either. However, feeding burgers to especially stressed dupes might help soothe them."

Yes please at least let Waterweed be an option on Spaced Out style starts without having to mine space POIs for it. It's bad enough that we need bleach stone and thus squeaky pufts.

I suggest replacing the Cool Salt Slush Geyser's -10 C Brine with 0 C Saltwater. This would make the Cool Slush Geyser more useful if you need colder temperatures (right now it's pretty much pointless since by the time you need a second water source, temperature should be well under control), while still allowing way to get Brine (cool Saltwater to -7 C).

On 5/17/2021 at 11:00 PM, gluttony2020 said:

Part of my suggestion was to add a salt water geyser poi into the ocean biome again to go with that waterweed.

Just now, crbd115 said:

Part of my suggestion was to add a salt water geyser poi into the ocean biome again to go with that waterweed.

They rebalanced Terra recently, so I think it usually has a Salt Water Geyser. This still leaves for problems with the Forest start (the tidepool biome is on Oily, which won't include a Salt Water Geyser usually).

2 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

They rebalanced Terra recently, so I think it usually has a Salt Water Geyser. This still leaves for problems with the Forest start (the tidepool biome is on Oily, which won't include a Salt Water Geyser usually).

I made this post in response to when they recently updated it. There is no salt water geyser guaranteed. There is only salty slush. There is the chance to get it from a random geyser at most. Otherwise you have to go all the way to the water planetoid.

Archived