Griftlands is now on Linux!

• Developer

release_poster_linux.png

Hey Grifters,
Griftlands is now available on Linux on Steam. As with our macOS client, if you have any trouble installing or running the game, please check out our support base.

Happy grifting, everyone! We'll be announcing our 1.0 launch this month, so watch this space!

Oh, and there have been some general fixes, too: 

• Fixed typos and incorrect grammar
  • Update locale when assigning language for correct date, currency, etc. formatting.
  • Localize mutator names shown in the save game tooltip.
  • Typecheck parameter when accessing agent declensions.  This fixes potential crashes in Polish, though the name will be slightly incorrect.
  • Nailed Glove: fix certain types of damage not having their combo loss limited.
  • Only gain Not a Scratch feat if result was victory.
  • Add stunned anim for egg
  • Fix drafting card packs with gamepad.
  • Fix "Inspect Character" control hint not being always refreshed when the right-side portrait changes.
  • Fix negotiation preview panel from sticking onscreen if confirming the option via numeric hotkey.  In other cases, it is getting closed by loss of hover state, which obviously doesn't occur via hotkey.
  • Fix a bug with the number of active runs showing the incorrect number after deleting save slots, and going 'Back' to the character selection sidebar.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 3

• Developer

A heads-up for Linux users that started playing already, we just hot-fixed the build and you may have noticed your saves are gone!
Don't worry - your saves are safe!

They were just being copied to the wrong folder, and the new build is now looking in the correct location.
To recover your old saves, follow these steps:
1) If it exists, move the directory ~/.local/share/Klei/Griftlands to somewhere else as a backup
2) Rename ~/.local/share/Klei/Griftlands_dev -> ~/.local/share/Klei/Griftlands
3) If steam cloud complains about a conflict, accept your local version

Let us know here or on the bug forums if you encounter any issues. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Since the update I can no longer play Griftlands using Windows 10.
The game loads, but I can't start new runs. A game error-screen appears. I can send the feedback and reload the game, but the same error occurs when i try it again.

I have disabled all mods, reinstalled the game several times, unsuscribed from mods, but the result is always the same.
Am I the only one that happens?

image.thumb.png.b9a3e292105c38200e32355c406e4f86.png

39 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

No problems for me on Windows, though I didn't have any mods installed prior to the update.

Ok! looks like it's my translation mod wich its failling after the update.

Sadly, seems i cannot fix it.
Im used the Havarian modinit.lua as example to make a translation, but now something is crashing  =\

On 5/7/2021 at 1:09 AM, Kevin said:

release_poster_linux.png

Hey Grifters,
Griftlands is now available on Linux on Steam. As with our macOS client, if you have any trouble installing or running the game, please check out our support base.

Happy grifting, everyone! We'll be announcing our 1.0 launch this month, so watch this space!

Oh, and there have been some general fixes, too: 

• Fixed typos and incorrect grammar
  • Update locale when assigning language for correct date, currency, etc. formatting.
  • Localize mutator names shown in the save game tooltip.
  • Typecheck parameter when accessing agent declensions.  This fixes potential crashes in Polish, though the name will be slightly incorrect.
  • Nailed Glove: fix certain types of damage not having their combo loss limited.
  • Only gain Not a Scratch feat if result was victory.
  • Add stunned anim for egg
  • Fix drafting card packs with gamepad.
  • Fix "Inspect Character" control hint not being always refreshed when the right-side portrait changes.
  • Fix negotiation preview panel from sticking onscreen if confirming the option via numeric hotkey.  In other cases, it is getting closed by loss of hover state, which obviously doesn't occur via hotkey.
  • Fix a bug with the number of active runs showing the incorrect number after deleting save slots, and going 'Back' to the character selection sidebar.

yes, finally i play it on linux