Beta Blues

I totally get the concept of beta releases and all the benefits they provide, but to be completely honest they get a little frustrating as a console player.

PC players get all the new content for weeks before we do due to the way that beta works and the fact it isn't available on console (understandable).

I'm so keen to try out the latest content and fight the celestial champion and claim my crown. The crown is going to be an absolute game changer as a Wig main and I can't wait to explore/clear the caves and ruins with it amongst other things. I just really want to see how much it changes the game and how much more productive it makes me in game.

I swear a while back console and pc got a few updates at the exact same time but the last few updates have all had beta releases first.

Also weren't we meant to be getting some news today? I know Joe specifically said announcement but god I hope its the new update itself.. Surely two weeks is enough given all we got is a new boss and the moonstorm event.

I mean it's a good thing that they launch betas and really listen to suggestions. It would be nice if we could have beta on console but that's not really realistic.

And to be honest with the amount of new stuff this update has, and the recent issues when new versions launched on console, like YOTB or the Wes update, I would prefer them taking the time to test and refine the console variant more than come out very buggy at the same time with the pc version.

You're not wrong and yeah betas are great for many reasons... I'm just impatient =P

Honestly.... the rational part of me would like that too but really I want the update at the same time as PC even if there are some issues. We can always play around them until fixed. I'd rather not wait even longer than pc than we already do due to beta, I'm over waiting haha

Does anyone else remember the dark times on PS4? We would wait months to get content PC had and one time not even get it at all. Back when you only got 4 skin drops a week! Things have improved so much I can't even begin to complain. We'll get it when it's ready, but I can definitely see how it's irritating. I too am ready to get my crown. 

There’s a very specific reason console doesn’t have a beta phase- it’s due to Sony’s and Microsoft’s lengthy certification process.. if we didn’t have that- we also could have a beta phase.

During the beta phase Klei spots game breaking bugs and listens to player feedback to make changes to the final release again.. blame Sony/Microsoft certification process..

On PC without this process they are able to change and alter things about the beta on the fly and pretty much instantly- Consoles however have a patch process and they would have to go through certification which can take weeks at a time to clear just for minor tweaks and fixes.

Now OBVIOUSLY console will have its own share of bugs and issues that need fixing that are completely separate from PC... such as but not limited to: System limits & Button Mapping.

But it’s no where near as much hassle as it would be if we got the beta at the same time as PC...

I personally don’t mind that they test the majority of problems before I get a working or at least semi-working update later because of it.

Archived