Glommer Lore

So I was wondering if Glommer is tied to the moon in any way besides spawning from the statue on a full moon.

Glommer seems to not really fit into the lunar theme that was introduced in Return of Them, but maybe I missed some other details.

For example, Glommer goop lowers sanity unlike most Lunar-themed stuff that increases it. I mean, there's also that sanity aura, but that doesn't seem to do something about Lunar magic based on character quotes. The goop also acts as a healing source and fertilizer, and the appearance of Glommer seems to be a lot different from other Lunar mutated creatures.

Glommer's wings were used for the Old Bell in the singleplayer game. Speaking of which, does Bigfoot have any significant lore implications? And what about that flower of Glommer's?

Who built Glommer's statue? Some character quotes suggest that it is a petrified Glommer, but the statue drops marble and a blueprint which seems a little odd for a petrified creature (then again, certain other mobs and bosses drop blueprints anyway)

And considering that Glommer reappears at the statue every full moon if it dies, does that mean Glommer is a single entity (such as dying and respawning) or are there a bunch of other Glommers out there somewhere? The Glomglom pet suggests that there may be more Glommers located elsewhere in the constant, but that's just my thought on that.

Maybe a future Return of Them update will tie it all together?

My theory is that Glommer is just a regular (although rare) species living in the Constant, and it's the flower that has a lunar origin. Glommer just happens to like that flower.

Someone in the past learned this and created a shrine to attract this animal.

Now that I think about it, maybe the material is the statue is the important thing here. It is able to regrow the flower each full moon. Maybe it comes from the same place that Wormwood's gem comes from, seeing that both minerals seem to attract plant life. Of course they're not exactly the same thing, they look different, but they act similarly.

I don't remember if I've read this somewhere or was some impression generally given by Glommer, its properties and mechanics: I believe Glommer was supposed to represent some "passive lord of the land", a minor protective deity of sorts. This magical attribute & importance seems to be sustained by the fact Krampi spawn immediately after player kills Glommer, and its remains are used to summon Bigfoot (a pretty powerful and cryptic entity) via special build (Old Bell). Sounds speculative, yet I for one would fancy seeing a certain lore expansion centered around Glommer. At least the buzzing fuzzball seems to be minimally-to-mildly important in Constant's inner workings, more-so in relation to Alter/"Moon" entity.

4 hours ago, Knowbodie said:

For example, Glommer goop lowers sanity unlike most Lunar-themed stuff that increases it. I mean, there's also that sanity aura, but that doesn't seem to do something about Lunar magic based on character quotes. The goop also acts as a healing source and fertilizer, and the appearance of Glommer seems to be a lot different from other Lunar mutated creatures.

I dont think is weird to see the characters being perturbed for eating poop from a weird big fly even if such poop heals you 

The quotes hinting this.

The statue might be a petrified Glommer (and goop). This explains the statue. The flower takes nutrients from it, explained by Wagstaff, and the real life rafflesia is parasitic. Glommer is attracted by its smell. Maybe the flower needs Glommer's slime to survive.

According to Wagstaff, the bell just creates a sound which Bigfoot really likes and attracted to it. Glommer or Glommer's flower might be totally unrelated to Bigfoot.

Headcanon: You know you will summon Krampii if you kill Glommer? Maybe it's the same case as with Dodos! Glommers were used to be as sources to farm their wings to create old bells. Therefore, it give you very bad karma if you kill one species because they are rare!

I misread the thread title as "Glommer Love" and was fully prepared to indulge in the beautiful hymns you guys posted about our dearest and fuzziest buzzing Glommer. 

That being said; I haven't put much thought into it before but I also believe Glommer isn't from the same place in the Constant as everything/everyone else. Glommer seems too different Imho. I like the theories posted here as well!

Archived