tamed beefalos poop too much

klei make a change that made beefalo no longer poop when riding them but it doesnt solve how annoying is picking the manure dropped by them. Sometimes they poop 1 timer per minute and isnt like poop just stay there, the flies will make you lose irl sanity. 

I suggest to increase the time between poops so they dont look like they have diarrhea

30 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

klei make a change that made beefalo no longer poop when riding them but it doesnt solve how annoying is picking the manure dropped by them. Sometimes they poop 1 timer per minute and isnt like poop just stay there, the flies will make you lose irl sanity. 

I suggest to increase the time between poops so they dont look like they have diarrhea

You made it really hard for me to decide between liking and laughing lol. 

I think the sound of the flies should just get lowered. its unnaturally loud compared to everything else. 

I personally really like getting poop from my beef and count on it as my main fire fuel in the first winter. getting all my manure from my beef means i dont have to go out of my way to get it from a werepig or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I think the sound of the flies should just get lowered. its unnaturally loud compared to everything else. 

I personally really like getting poop from my beef and count on it as my main fire fuel in the first winter. getting all my manure from my beef means i dont have to go out of my way to get it from a werepig or whatever. 

but when you have enough is so annoying and isnt like it is hard to get, lightbulbs and flowers are plenty and 4 monster meat can be harvest in few minutes. For a balance between who likes it and who dont i ask for reducing how much it poops because in few in game days you can get an entire stack (the other day i get 5 just picking materials in base, not even a day) also poop is funny and i dont want it to be removed

I was just going to post this myself. I haven’t fed my beefalo in at least 4 years and yet it’s constantly pooping all over the place.

Decreasing defecation frequency won’t make it much harder than it already is to use beefalo as a manure source. The limiting factor is generally that there can only be 2 manure nearby at a time, anyways.

Another option is to make beefalo just poop less once fully domesticated, depending on their tendency.

Another option is to only make them (sometimes) poop when you feed them.

And yes the flies are way, way louder than they need to be. I turned my sound fx down to 1 which only made a little difference.

With my play style of keeping the beefalo bell on me and letting my beef follow me around, the constant defecation is extremely disrupting.

9 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

I was just going to post this myself. I haven’t fed my beefalo in at least 4 years and yet it’s constantly pooping all over the place.

Decreasing defecation frequency won’t make it much harder than it already is to use beefalo as a manure source. The limiting factor is generally that there can only be 2 manure nearby at a time, anyways.

Another option is to make beefalo just poop less once fully domesticated, depending on their tendency.

Another option is to only make them (sometimes) poop when you feed them.

And yes the flies are way, way louder than they need to be. I turned my sound fx down to 1 which only made a little difference.

With my play style of keeping the beefalo bell on me and letting my beef follow me around, the constant defecation is extremely disrupting.

After being fed makes the most sense to me. Just like Ohan back when I would do beefalo rushing I would have no time to do much else but be on the beef getting domestication points. You don't really want to spend any time getting off and chopping down wood. I would be glued to spider nest doing nothing but planting seeds for sanity and eating monster meat getting it to onery.

Even though it would be domesticated by the time deerclops showed up I would still need manure for a heat source.

If a beef hasn't been fed a long time, then it makes sense to me, to keep its pooping frequency down.

Archived