Infinite gas and liquid storage designs

I find the number of dated designed difficult to navigate. Are there infinite storage designs for gases and liquids that do not rely on door crushers? Does a bit of liquid over a gas vent on the floor still work? What do people do for liquids and pressure damage?

7 minutes ago, beeper said:

Does a bit of liquid over a gas vent on the floor still work?

Yes, typically 2 tiles with liquid. I use under 2kg per tile for gas.

7 minutes ago, beeper said:

What do people do for liquids and pressure damage?

Airflow tile  & airlock doors don't take pressure damage.

Typical examples of infini-storage setups.

image.thumb.png.cc5045c18821fc15e329252e6531ea94.png

There will be a point where the game does have issue with the amount of "stored" material. Use your best judgement when using infinite storage...

9 hours ago, beeper said:

Does a bit of liquid over a gas vent on the floor still work?

Yes, see image posted above by @JRup or refer to the image I made for ONI discord below.

Note: the vent must be a regular gas vent. High pressure vents deletes a tiny bit of liquid each time it's used. The correct amount of liquid is easiest to achieve by using a pedestal as I've made a video about in a previous thread.

unknown.png

45 minutes ago, degr said:

Extremely dangerous design, because in this configuration duplicant can open doors.

image.png.18867b1459607f567047a7b78f54b5bb.png

Just close those doors manually before filling-up :roll: I wouldn't call it "very dangerous", just that details from the pic are a bit incomplete.

yes, I see if it is locked, they can't open it. I never lock doors before, just forbid movement in "left-right" directions, but if you forbid movement, they still can pass through, if it possible to open door from "top" or bottom".

4 hours ago, degr said:

Extremely dangerous design, because in this configuration duplicant can open doors.

Dupes are dangerous by nature. "Plan ahead" is the name of the game, oh wait, ONI.

Archived