Space out DLC - Stuck - atmo exosuit and rocket

Hello,

SWMP-C-1597443587-0

first problem you would problably know : i havn't any reed fiber on each asteroid (accessible via teleporter) to build an atmo ... ok hard for extracting petrol with high temp for example .. going in space without exosuit is it possible ???

Second problem : in the research tree, i must use a basic nosecone on the rocket but need to go in space before to research it with the orbital microlab ... and without exosuit.

radiations ... no ... nowhere so no research with rad unlockable !

if you have some clue ... thx :)

32 minutes ago, Morthur.bothd said:

if you have some clue ...

First: Yes, you need to visit the other planet using a rocket in order to find reed fiber. You don't necessarily need atmo suits for rocket travel. Obtaining oil without scalding could be a little tricky but you could cool down an area using water from the other planet through a supply teleporter.

Second: You don't need to use basic nosecone(and spacefarer module). You could use the solo spacefarer nosecone. It's a little narrow but it's possible. Basically all you need inside a rocket is oxygen (and then food and perhaps toilets..) for the duration of a trip.

(some solutions below)

Spoiler

1381862174_rocketinteriorfirsttrip.JPG.a44afc68b6750a97c4dab073a56e1539.JPG 340499015_startingorbitalresearchc125.thumb.JPG.75dbd805a33b85e8627f557f39306b99.JPG image.png.fb2b5c031097b8d52f000b1c6704c46f.png

Radiation: Did you check the radiation overlay?

ha ok thx ! i didn't see this solo nosecone.

i'll try playing to this advanced state without atmo suits (not sure it was inteded by devs : ) - praying not to cook any dup !

Overlay show no radiations at all over all the 2 maps. So no steam or oil motor available to shoot the rocket ?? Oo

-> ho yes carbon dioxid or sugar ...

Yes, suits are powerful and have been pushed into the mid game. This is intentional. Use cooling systems and careful movement to prevent scalding on swamp start. Don't break open magma or volcanoes haphazardly.

For early game atmo suits use the terra start, there is thimble reed on the starting asteroid. The resources available are different though, the water geysers are cool steam vents and there's not as much free oxygen.

Each start has pros and cons. If you use the chill in your space biome and from your cool slush geysers you shouldn't need atmo suits. Oxygen masks allow some protection from suffocation early game.

I had similar issues with my first playthrough. I know, the addon is early access, but why is everything so unintuitive?

radiations ... no ... nowhere so no research with rad unlockable !

There is radiations from outer space you can capture and use for the research reactor.

Getting oil without athmosuit is possible, as long as you do not accidentally dig close to a hot spot (like tiles close to magma). Your dupes might get burned sometimes, but they won't die.

The current design of rockets is totally stupid. Honestly, we send dupes to space and have huge problems to give them oxygen, food, and a way to empty their bladder. This is ridiculous!

I needed so many tries until I got my rocket working. What worked best is using the canister emptier to fill the rocket with oxygen. But it is just stupid that there is no pipe for filling the rocket interior with oxygen.

The lead suits are arguably better then the reed counterpart. 

They have a thicker insulation 30 cm contra 20 on reed fiber based suits, iirc? - The insulation value is the same, despite the thickness being increased, so if it actually has an effect i don't know. 

But i can say this, it seems like dupes can dance in magma just a tad longer, before getting scolded, when wearing lead suits compared to regular reed suits. 

All that said, lead suits are usually way easier to get ahold of, when seeing past the research requirement. Getting heaps and bounds of lead is just so much easier compared to reed. 

On 4/12/2021 at 1:18 AM, Morthur.bothd said:

ha ok thx ! i didn't see this solo nosecone.

i'll try playing to this advanced state without atmo suits (not sure it was inteded by devs : ) - praying not to cook any dup !

Overlay show no radiations at all over all the 2 maps. So no steam or oil motor available to shoot the rocket ?? Oo

-> ho yes carbon dioxid or sugar ...

On the new patch (beta branch) you will have Drecko on the Swamp cluster, the one you are, so you will be able to do exosuit. But yes, it's not a must for the start.

The new patch will be release on thursday so maybe don't go to far on your game, you will have to create a new one to have the "new" starmap.

Archived