it wasn't me

On 4/11/2021 at 1:57 AM, mrciphers said:

it was the Bouncer kill him,i swear

20210410115944_1.thumb.jpg.18488c1e7de08ce9061e7a94ac2d9285.jpg

why you guys hate meee :wilson_cry:

20210410120030_1.thumb.jpg.2bc0a5cb5312829e11faec300f456df4.jpg

I can understand your plan. I had a few cases with Sal's bleed triggering when enemies are in a panic state, and the bleed just killed the target directly, and I had to suffer all of those banes when they were killed outside my control.

Just to let you know, this is mostly likely the only roguelike deckbuilder that I played so far that the player is penalized for killing someone in the game, but the developers take it further that you still suffer the penalties, even if an AI kills them, or a status condition does it. (The penalties are there since you have a choose to let them live in this game, but with your case, the AI just planned to kill the target.)

I don't even know what advice to give you on this. You could either reset the run if you still feel the plan from it, or take a break from the game for awhile. Sorry I can't be more helpful here, but I though I would try to cheer you up.

There is also sometimes the option to save someone. If your allies are hellbent on murdering someone dead, but you manage to apply just enough damage to make them surrender, your allies will change their plans. In the image Brut has 23 HP left, but only 11 Morale. Smith has 3 actions, 2 attacks with combined 10 damage in hand and the Smith's Hammer card to produce one more low-powered attack. If Smith had played all his attacks, Brut would have surrendered immediately and survived.

Oh wait, Brut has also 6 wounds, so just playing the Dropkick would have saved him.

Archived