Automating the Atomic Collider

This is a proof of concept build for automated supply of radbolts to the atomic collider.

1709054455_Screenshotfrom2021-04-0715-06-07.thumb.png.b9f130c42b2aa781b917576987343bd7.png

1019248051_Screenshotfrom2021-04-0715-06-38.thumb.png.7c1d62213fd8e100ea764a7a01bfaaff.png

This setup uses 2 automation signals to selectively enable the radbolt generator when more radbolts are needed.

You start the cycle by using the switch to manual deliver some radbolts to the collider.  When a dupe arrives to do research he activates the motion sensor.  When he leaves the a falling edge detector on the motion sensor activates the memory toggle and starts timed delivery of radbolts.  When the collider is full, a radbolt will pass the input and start to loop through the 3 reflectors.  This will cause the radiation sensor to detect a small amount of radiation and disable the memory toggle.  The collider is now full of radbolts and waiting for a dupe to come research and start the cycle again.

It's not perfectly efficient.  You waste part of one radbolt shot whenever a dupe leaves the room, but I think that's about as good as you can do with the tools currently in the game.

I like the approach. As the radbolt transportation system is "lossy" anyways, I do not think the wasted bolt is a problem. 

An alternate approach would be to trigger this timed and not by dupe. The time interval should probably be a bit less than the time that is needed to completely deplete the collider. Then it wastes one bolt per time interval, but does allow continuous operation. 

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

An alternate approach would be to trigger this timed and not by dupe. The time interval should probably be a bot less than the time that is needed to completely deplete the collider. Then it wastes one bolt per time interval, but does allow continuous operation. 

I like it. More complex triggers might be nice too. I'm thinking: reset the memory toggle on a timer while the dupe is present (to allow continuous operation) and anytime the dupe leaves (to avoid leaving the collider empty)

4 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

I like it. More complex triggers might be nice too. I'm thinking: reset the memory toggle on a timer while the dupe is present (to allow continuous operation) and anytime the dupe leaves (to avoid leaving the collider empty)

That would be the best version that is currently possible, I think.

Tested on 458490, it worked. There are a few hundred particles stable in the Radbolt Generators, and 50 enough to restart.
What am I the update?

Found it. No problem - I'll redo it, it's not hard.

Man, I knew I should have waited for the final release.

upd. Added only 1 Cycle Sensor

Archived