Is there any actual way to detect if rad-bolts are needed?

I do want something that detects if, for example the atomic collider needs new fuel of rad bolts to keep operational. 

For now, i can either pump rad bolts into the chamber and waste it, raising radioactive contamination to levels beyond reason. Or i end up with a non functional collider, because out of rad bolts. I do not see a possible solution to detect a need.

Suggestions?

I don't think there's a way to detect when radbolts are needed, but a way a friend of mine thought of automating their delivery is to use automation to detect when a dupe is done with the collider (i.e. leaving it to go do other errands) and fire a radbolt then. It's not really perfect but it gets the job done for hands-off atomic research.

As for the interplanetary launcher, I either use a timer to deliver radbolts if I'm automating resource delivery to the launcher (i.e. if I'm sending 200kg/water a cycle to some planet I would have a timer shoot one radbolt every two cycles if the collector is close enough) or manually deliver the radbolts if I'm manually placing delivery orders (like sending some seeds/rare materials another colony needs).

Yeah i already us the dupe-sensor and if the dupe leaves the chamber a door opens, the radbolts fire in and the door closes. The problem is, of course i have to build enough radbolt generators to fill it to 100. But if the collider has still bolts stored, the excess is just wasted and contaminates just the surroundings. 

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Nice setup. But from first look (will examine it further later) it does not seem to be fool-proof at all times is it?

Entirely fool-proof (afaict). 

It's a simple system: An overflow detector stops radbolt from being fed into the system when it's full, and the duplicant sensor resets the system when the device is in use (and obviously thus not full). 

Archived