Are these attack cards?

I am trying to get the Counter Play achievement, where the goal is to defeat a boss without playing attack cards. I don't really understand why I don't get it. Last time I even had the King Hit boon from a thug, and it was still indicated as active, when Brut called uncle, so there was no "first attack" during the fight"

Do Barnacle, Hemmorhage, Kra'deshi Barbstorm, Vertical Slash and Hemomancy count as attack cards for the purpose of this feat? They only apply bleed, no direct damage, do not trigger counter attacks, do not trigger King's Hit, etc.... What about Beastmaster? What about Throw Dust (impair) and Trip (wound)?

Or is the achievement tied to battle cards? Which would be weird, as that would exclude item cards, and there is a different achievement for that. If it was about only playing maneuver cards, it should say so in the description. Or do Brut, Weezil or other minor bosses which are encountered mid-day in brawl not count as real "bosses" fpr this achievement? 

2 hours ago, mrciphers said:

yep,i make that mistake too,if i haven't kill the boss in that run,i could have 2 achievement "counterplay and machinist" in a row

I haven't bothered with machinist, yet.

if you can use items to deal damage and still get "counterplay" these two achievements massively overlap. Kevin should definitely change the requirements for "counterplay" to: "Defeat a boss only using maneuver cards". Less confusing and a clearer destinction between the achievements.

12 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Some of the Flourishes are probably Attacks as well, such as the damage dealing ones, or Sal's Bleed to all and Rook's Burn to all.

No, I got the achievement now, and I am pretty sure it really refers to orange cards. My confusion came from the difference between "attacks" and "attack cards". "Attacks" are all cards that show actual damage numbers on top, be they orange, purple or pink, while "attack cards" are all orange cards.

"Attacks" trigger counter attacks and can be buffed/debuffed by Impair, Power, Adrenaline, Wounds, King Hit, etc., but they are a type of action in battle, while "attack cards" are a card type, even if they only apply a debuff. 

52 minutes ago, Symph said:

when the game reffers to boss. is final boss? because i won two times with no orange cards againts day1 bosses and i dont have the counter-play acchivement.

nvm

On 4/2/2021 at 8:02 PM, AuntHerbert said:

Protip: I got this achievement accidentally while trying to kill mullifee in vix(normal one) fight with damnation(dont ask why). She's actually helluva strong and can kill vix on her own entirely. Just have a moxie deck at your hand so that you dont lose to vix himself, cuz he will only target you. You can get mullifee as an allie(at least, thats how i did it) with partner in crime perk. She usually hangs out wherever, but finding her probably wont be a problem. Just get her at beginning or the day and bring her to vix fight. Easy

Archived