better way to transport stuff in to rocket

lets say my rocket is landing and i want to refuel it with oxygen and food, it kind of hard when i have to have a tank on it to do that please add ports to the capsule so i can directly transport the items in to the rocket, also add a capsule to world automation that would be very useful. lets say i want to make shear the presser in the rocket capsule is sufficient and food is in there before launch.   

On 3/28/2021 at 10:37 PM, SharraShimada said:

There are rocket ports to transport goods from and to and build reservoir. 

According to several users post these are either broken or not working as the players are expecting it. I haven not tried them yet, any posted latest player experience news and shared info about using them would be welcome :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, babba said:

According to several users post these are either broken or not working as the players are expecting it. I haven not tried them yet, any posted latest player experience news and shared info about using them would be welcome :rolleyes:

I say, they are there. Nothing more. Never told anyone they would work :P But they ARE there.

13 hours ago, babba said:

Ok so the rocket ports allow you to load gas/liquid/solids into their respective cargo modules inside the rocket. After landing the modules auto unload through the same ports attached to the landing platform. Now here`s the catch. You can`t load anything before the unload completes and it needs to complete for all cargo modules. This means that if you have a gas module for oxygen and a solid module for cargo and you unload the solid cargo you can`t load more before you unload the gas module.

It also looks like the modules don`t unload simultainously but instead one by one so one can block others. This basically means that using a module for oxygen rquires you to have 3 gas reseroirs on the ground to pump the oxygen out and back in.

You can access the resources in the modules via the fittings inside the command capsule. If it`s loading stuff in and you move it into the capsule it will load extra stuff to fill the module.

Dupes need:

Oxygen for breathing
Water for toilets
Food for eating

That's three modules, leaving no room for cargo. Automated rocket flight needs a dedicated life support module or it's never going to be possible. If rockets are supposed to be taxis for dupes on a temporary basis then this is fine. If we're actually supposed to use them for hands-off transport that's very not fine. Given the addition of the interplanetary launcher I get the impression rockets are just glorified taxies, and the shipping capacity is pointless. Pretty disappointing. Not sure why they even added the internal rocket space if this is the direction they were planning to take. 

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Ok so the rocket ports allow you to load gas/liquid/solids into their respective cargo modules inside the rocket. After landing the modules auto unload through the same ports attached to the landing platform. Now here`s the catch. You can`t load anything before the unload completes and it needs to complete for all cargo modules. This means that if you have a gas module for oxygen and a solid module for cargo and you unload the solid cargo you can`t load more before you unload the gas module.

It also looks like the modules don`t unload simultaneously but instead one by one so one can block others. This basically means that using a module for oxygen requires you to have 3 gas reservoirs on the ground to pump the oxygen out and back in.

You can access the resources in the modules via the fittings inside the command capsule. If it`s loading stuff in and you move it into the capsule it will load extra stuff to fill the module.

I would be great if the rocket port problems and cargo design logic get taken care off by Klei and if the rockets also fly the entire flight path, currently rockets disappear when they fly a bit upwards in to the air, as they are being launched.

Archived