Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

HowlVoid

Bramble husk and Bramble traps QOL suggestions

Currently making either item is very easy but set up and maintenance of them is cumbersome. Rather than have tons of low durability husks it would be great if I could repair them with living logs. Bramble traps are one of his main perks and yet they are a nuisance to maintain. To make it easier I would like to inspect them to know the durability left and repair them with living logs (rather then pick each one up individually). This would further differentiate them from tooth traps, as a character specific craft.

Actually bramble tramps are a LOT different from tooth traps.
Single bramble trap does AOE 60dmg. So in theory 4 bramble traps close to each other can kill 20 or more bunnyman (if you just get them all there at once), 3 to kill lots of shadow splumonkeys, etc. I would use more only because for safety reasons and depending of ability of getting enemies all in once.
Just careful, because when they damage friendly beefalo, they will damage player too.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:11 AM, Notecja said:

Actually bramble tramps are a LOT different from tooth traps.

This is common knowledge. 

Single bramble trap does AOE 60dmg. So in theory 4 bramble traps close to each other can kill 20 or more bunnyman (if you just get them all there at once), 3 to kill lots of shadow splumonkeys, etc.

If you could please post of video of you doing this. In theory is sounds like it would work, it does not. They have a 1-2 second delay before triggering and you will only get these results on paper or by taking some damage to keep everyone in place.

I would use more only because for safety reasons and depending of ability of getting enemies all in once.
Just careful, because when they damage friendly beefalo, they will damage player too.

Based on what I wrote, I want to make them far better than tooth traps. I know how they work. They have limited uses.

6 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

If bramble traps are made with living logs, shouldn’t they grow back their durability over time?

Maybe they need fertilization.

I wish. At the very least self reset or even letting me repair them without having to place them again. Even though they are far more powerful than tooth traps they tend to be used for the same things. Which means they are actually no better than a bunch of tooth traps. *sigh* maybe one day...

Yes. Especially bramble husk which has like, no durability. And it uses bone shards which is not the easiest thing to obtain. I think it also needs some increased durability to reach the maximum effectiveness.